ACT ONE, SCENE THREE

_\|/_

EDGE OF ZONE ONE

The sound of an old trans am grows louder as the silhouette of the car crosses the horizon. The faint bickering between KOBRA KID and FUN GHOUL is audible.

FUN GHOUL: "Over there! Just park!"

KOBRA KID: "No, we're too close to headquarters."

FUN GHOUL: "Just park, please?! I need to grab something."

KOBRA KID: (Steering off to the side of a building.) "Just because this looks abandoned, doesn't mean it's not infested with surveillance."

FUN GHOUL: "You underestimate me, kid." (He climbed out of the car with his gun ready.) "Oh, can you come with me?"

KOBRA KID: "Need an adult to hold your hand?"

FUN GHOUL: "Back up. In case this place still has Better Living people here."

KOBRA KID: "Great." (Said sarcastically.)

[ Transition ]

FUN GHOUL: "This ten times creepier than I expected it to be. We should be looking for a box—"

KOBRA KID: "Frank, put your head down."

FUN GHOUL: "It's Fun Ghoul—"

KOBRA KID: (Pushes the others head to face the ground.) "There's cameras, fuck head. Cover your face so we don't have to see it plastered on the walls of the city."

FUN GHOUL: (Looks around, finding a cheap plastic Halloween mask on the floor.) "Rad."

KOBRA KID: "I wouldn't— oh okay fine, put it on. For all you know, someone could've died wearing that."

FUN GHOUL: (Grinning under the mask.) "Rad. Let's get back to looking before anyone else shows up." (Tripping on a plastic bin.) "I think I found it!"

KOBRA KID: (Kicking FUN GHOUL to the side with his foot.) "Didn't know we were going to a costume party."

FUN GHOUL: "Shut up and just change out of your old clothes— Oh shit this is cool!"

KOBRA KID: (Pulling out a red racing jacket and a yellow printed shirt.) "Don't look."

FUN GHOUL: "For god's sake, we're not in a middle school locker room."

KOBRA KID: "It's called insecurities, Franklin."

FUN GHOUL: "Ugh, fine. Just tell me when you're done, we have to get moving soon."

KOBRA KID: "Done. You get everything?"

FUN GHOUL: "Yep! Next stop, Route Guano."