chapter ten

Poor Wanda. She can never catch a break, can she?

Mount Justice

September 14, 17:53 EDT

As Conner, M'gann, and Kaldur were away preparing for M'gann and Conner's undercover mission, the rest of the team was having some down time at the mountain.

"What's undercover like? Is it fun?" Pietro asked, looking at Robin specifically.

"It can be, yeah. Depends on the mission though." Robin shrugged. "Why? You want to go undercover?"

Wanda scoffed. "Pietro wouldn't last a minute."

Pietro scoffed back, shooting Wanda a glare. "I so would last longer than a minute. Have some faith in me, will you?"

Wanda tapped her chin. "Hmm, no, I don't think I will."

"Meanie."

"Did you really just call me a meanie? Pietro, we're fourteen." Wanda chuckled, yelping when Pietro flicked her forehead. "Now who is the meanie! Jerk head."

Pietro stuck his tongue out at her. Artemis, Wally, and Robin just watched the siblings interact, sipping on their cocoa. A thought occurred to Wally.

"Hey, without Tornado here, we have the caves to ourselves."

"It took you this long to figure that one out? Wow."

"What did you have in mind, Wally?" Robin asked.

Everyone turned to look at the red haired speedster. "Well, since none of our skill sets were needed for this mission and we are all here, why not have some fun?"

"Fun? Sounds boring."

"Oh, shut up, Pietro!"

"Make me."

"Oh, get a room!" Artemis, Wanda, and Robin all groaned at the same time. Wally and Pietro blushed.

"But seriously, what do you guys want to do? The others won't be back for awhile..."

"We could train?" Wanda suggested.

"Or we could not do that and say we did." Pietro smirked. "I say we have a competition."

The other three exchanged a look. "A competition? Color me intrigued."

Pietro sat up straighter, shifting in his seat. "Yeah, a competition. We each have a set of skills that we are particularly excellent at, so we give a go at the others' set of skills. So, for everyone but Artemis, for example, archery. And for Robin, let's say hacking. For me-"

"Being annoying?" Wanda snipped.

"Ignoring that. But do you get the concept?" Everyone nodded. "Okay, we need to think up specialties for everyone that we all agree on."

"Mine could be telling when someone is lying?" Wanda suggested. "Seeing as I assume we aren't allowed to participate in our own competition, I won't have an unfair advantage."

"Mine is easy; food." Wally rubbed his belly.

"Pietro would have an unfair advantage though." Artemis pointed out. "Think of something else."

"Mine is hand to hand." Pietro called dibs.

"Fine. I guess...video games?" Everyone blinked at him. "What! Everything else is taken."

"Alright, well, what are we starting with? Personally, I'd love to see you all give archery a whirl." Artemis challenged.

"You're on." Wally and Pietro accepted, everyone making their way outdoors. Artemis set up a target before handing her bow over.