chapter thirteen

I feel like I've written about this chapter so often but its only been one other time that I can think of.

Mount Justice

October 01, 18:13 EDT

Kaldur and Robin were training as Zatara, Captain Marvel, Wanda and Artemis watched. They paused their sparring, walking over to the two girls to chat. They turned, watching M'gann, Conner, and Wolf walk by. Robin leaned in to the group. "You know they're a couple, right?"

"I believe I knew before they did." Kaldur chuckled.

Pietro and Wally walked in from another hallway, bickering over something trivial. "Should we tell them?"

"I don't think it is our place."

Batman came in through the zeta tubes, commanding the computer to put on the national news. The news was talking about giant plant creatures attacking Metropolis and the Justice League intervening. Robin asked if they should help.

"No, the League will soon have the situation under control that is not why I am here."

"Oh, okay, just felt like showing off." Pietro mumbled. "Weird flex."

Pietro!

What!

Shush.

"According to your intel, Sportsmaster supplied Blockbuster formula to Kobra."

"Who combined it with Bane's venom to create Kobra-Venom." Wally added.

"Which the Brain used to create his animal army." Robin joined in the sharing of information.

"The Brain also used inhibitor collars, like the ones at Belle Reve." M'gann pointed out.

"Batman, is it possible the plants are on Kobra-Venom too?" Artemis inquired.

"I had Green Lantern run a spot analysis. The vines do contain a trace amount of a Kobra-Venom variant."

"These have to be related. I mean, criminals cooperating events world wide? Something smells funky." Wanda murmured.

"It is now clear our enemies have now formed some sort of secret society of super villains." Batman declared. "The attack on Metropolis is only the beginning."

Robin brought up other cities, showing plants attacking in major cities across the globe. Suddenly the feed cut out, replaced with the Joker's grinning face. He began talking nonsense until he turned the camera to show an array of super villains. Wotan the sorcerer, Skull, Ultra Humanite, Count Vertigo, Poison Ivy, Black Adam, and the Joker. He declared them the Injustice League.

"We are responsible for the attacks on your cities." Count Vertigo spoke. "If you wish to save them, a ransom of ten billion American dollars is required. The delivery instructions have been sent to the United Nations. There is no time limit but the longer your governments wait-"

"The longer we get to have our...jollies." Joker's laugh cut out as the feed did, ending the transmission.

Batman talked to Aquaman on the communications device while Robin typed away on the computer. He rewound the video to identify the villains, claiming they were behind everything the team had faced.

"There's your secret society." Pietro mumbled.

"Not so secret anymore." Artemis pointed out.

"The Justice League will handle the plants. I have a different job for this team." Wally groaned. "With the plants attacking so many different locations simultaneously, there must be a central control system. Your mission is to destroy it."