𝑵𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕

☆꧁ 13 ꧂☆

Before the bell rings from the outside of the classroom, the whole class is already noisy, since the teacher has been out for a while already. The table of Sooyeon is being cleared, her books and notes shoved into her bag.

She has gotten home a bit early than before. Thus, this made Sooyeon be at ease prior to her study session later. Walking towards her bed room, a frown is gracing her features, her bag dangling from her hand.

She closes the door of her room, snapping her neck to the inside, papers are everywhere, plastic bottles and some wrappers from chips can be seen cluttering the floor, but Sooyeon didn't care at least. Her feet drag themselves to her bed and she collapses onto the mattress as she closes her eyes.

"Sooyeon?" Two knocks from the door, it's Chanmi.

"What?"

"I have something for you. Open this up."

Chanmi is holding a tray that is contained of assorted biscuits and a squeezed orange juice in a tall glass on the side. Sooyeon has to cover up the mess behind her and so she angled herself in a position where the clutter isn't easily noticed by Chanmi.

"You might want to take these before you'd study. The orange juice is freshly squeezed and is best drank when cold."

Sooyeon nods and thanked her before Chanmi turns her back to climb down the stairs.

She places the tray on the nightstand and gets one sugar cookie. She starts to clean her room, beads of sweat come appearing after that and she sat herself down to the bed beside the nightstand. She picks two cookies--the chocolate and the candy-filled cookie. She's ate them fast and she chugs the juice down until all that it's contents left is two-thirds.

Sooyeon breathes deeply, unzipping her bag to pull her books and notes out.

Another review.

Her face says otherwise. She can't study anymore, she doesn't have the mood to do so. But this has become her routine ever since middle school.

Her eyes gloss over her handwriting from test papers and her notes. Not one of them has a mark lower than a mark of an A.

But today's test result frustrates her. She is more disappointed thinking how her parents would react to this.

The recently received test result she's just been holding is shredded into strips and into pieces.

I can't let my parents down. A mark of B isn't enough.

There was one time in her sixth grade when she had gotten a mark of B, the first time she could get, but not the first time she gets frustrated of it. But once her parents saw it, they didn't applaud her for at least trying her best. A single phrase has left an unending wound deep inside her heart.

"We didn't let you live like this just to give us this kind of score."

Heart pounding fast, she remembered how her parents will also be home an hour later. Having parents work in a university as teachers is a huge benefit, some would say, but for her case, it isn't.

A single tear fell from Sooyeon's cheek, her eyes stinging as if they can't open a little more wider anymore. Her hands grasp the comforter of her bed, crumpling it as if the comforter are her parents she's imagining.