IX

15 March 2019. Tick tock. I'm hearing the clock as our professor discuss more about weight and balance. Our semester is almost done, and we're already done with our finals but I think he's not going to ran out of things to teach.

We're lucky to have him as our professor because for him, there's always something to learn. I couldn't be happier with that because I love learning new things. What I'm simply anxious about is that I still have other things to do, like prepare the actual graduation. Ugh there's still so much to do.

I rest my head at the back of my chair and then Michael suddenly appears at the door, whispering, "Help me get the size of the others after your class. I'll be at the room in the hangar."

I nod as I patiently wait for the class to end. We kind of need the size of every graduating student's finger because the souvenir that we're about to give to them is a bull ring with a blue stone and the name of our school on it, plus their initials inside the ring.

I pass by our office and put down my bag before heading to the hangar. I rapidly walk as I notice that their professor goes out of their room.

I look around and ask where Michael is and then Julia says he's sitting on the back. I tiptoe to see if he's there. He's not. I startle as someone screams at my back. I look behind me and see Michael with Kyle and Ken.

Kyle looks at me and says, "Florence, I like your shirt."

I utter to Kyle, "Thank you. May the force be with you."

I face Michael and ask, "Hey, where's the list of the students?"

He answers that it's there inside, and his block mates are already putting their sizes on it. I sigh as I lean back on the wall asking them if that was their last class.

Ken answers, "Yes, we're just waiting for them to finish your thing then we'll go home and rest. Unlike you two who still have a lot to do." We laugh as he continues, "What did you get yourselves into."

Michael chuckles, "At least we don't have to pay anything for the graduation."

We all laugh as they agree to what Michael said. I glance at the building behind them and notice the volume of people outside the photo shoot room because it's right in front of the hangar. I look back at Michael and say, "It looks like they're having a hard time on the shoot today."

He nods as I utter, "Wait for me here, I'll just check up on them."

I walk past the students waiting in line for their shoot. I walk upstairs and rapidly enter the room. I go straight to our treasurer and ask, "Do you guys need extra people to facilitate?"

He answers that they can handle it, he adds, "We just got a little crowded because we inserted some of the students who failed to show up on their actual shoot schedule. Anyway, thanks for checking up on us."

I smile and chuckle, "Don't thank me for it. It's my job."

I look around the people inside and see Josh and JP already in line for their toga shots. These two are supposed to be done with their shoot along with Jolo. I grunt as I mumble, "irresponsible kids."

I hide inside the room where they shoot creative shots when I realize JP sees me and points at me while he's conversing with Josh. I don't know what they're talking about. All I know is that I flirted with Josh a couple of times already and I do not intend to bring my flirtatious ass inside the campus, especially at my working place.

I sigh and go outside the room I'm in. I need to calm myself. Smile and wave like the penguins of Madagascar. I walk as fast as I can while I smile and wave. The moment I feel like I'm outside, I close my eyes and lean back at the wall and breathe. That was a bit embarrassing.