XVI

"We're here guys." Ashley utters as we fix our bags, getting ready to get off the bus.

We go into the resort and see a bunch of our other college guy friends-they didn't commute with us that's why they're the first one to come- I ask where the rooms are and run upstairs to put my things inside the room as they play billiards and prepare our dinner. I rapidly change into my navy blue one piece swimsuit which I think is for swimmers because the bottom of it is shorts.

It's already quarter to nine and we still haven't eaten. That traffic we just went through was real bad-according to Ashley-because I didn't notice the traffic at all.

I go downstairs and hastily grab the 'Song Book' for the Videoke. I enter the number of the song I'm going to sing and wait for my turn. While holding my film camera, I take a picture of them before the party even starts so there's a pre-wasted photos.

My song seems a bit far so I jump into the pool first and realize that I'm going to have a hard time swimming because of my ridiculously long hair. I ask with both my arms on the side of the pool, "Guys, who has a ponytail? I need one please."

The boys' looks at me simultaneously while laughing, as one of them says, "Do we look like we'll ever need a ponytail?"

I chuckle and answer them while my eyebrow goes up, "I was just wondering you have some for survival reasons. Just say no if you don't have okay."

Nina utters, "Here," giving me her ponytail, "Use this first but bring it back tomorrow."

I give my thanks to Nina as I tie my hair up and as soon as I'm done I'm going to roam with my film camera.

The others are still playing billiards, two are singing in the videoke, and some are in the pool. I exclaim, "One, two, three!" really fast while they're doing whatever it is so that others will have a candid shot.

I chuckle, "Kevin! Take a picture of me and Ashley. Just look at the viewfinder and press this one."

I just remember that I'm already all soaked up so I run my hands through my face to get rid of the water and suddenly the camera flashes. I scream and laugh at Kevin for not asking if we're ready for the photo.

"It's okay," I laugh, "I'm excited to see what I look like on that once the film is developed."

Someone shouts that the food is ready and everyone jumps out of the pool, and the other pool table to go into the table filled with dinner. We each grab our own plate and grab whatever food we like. It's like being in the wild-I'm kidding, somehow we're a bit organized-

As I complete the food that I'm about to eat, Under Pressure plays in the videoke, so I just do what every Filipino would. I put down my plate and sing the song that I entered.

I mutter in the microphone while the intro plays, "I dedicate this to all of us in here, the students, and the unemployed! We are all under pressure by this sick world and our hopeless economy and we deserve to be wasted at some point in our lives!" They laugh as they continue to eat and sing with me.

I'm getting bored singing this and also I'm famished, I utter, "Yep, I'm going to stop now. My food cannot wait any longer."

Actually it's not a good manner for people to keep the food waiting and to even sing in front of the food. It's in the culture. I don't know what culture it came from, given that Filipino culture has mixed ones because multiple countries happen to take pleasure colonizing our country years ago.

I sit beside JP and ask Zach to take a picture of everyone who's in the table. As he clicks the shutter he puts it down and I notice the booze in the table. It's not beer. It is Vodka. I am definitely going to be wasted and I don't plan to until Ashley is, so I'll lay low with the booze first.