XIII

30 March 2019, 10 am. I'm walking as quickly as possible because I'm late again. I hope they're still there because I don't have any contact with them. I pass by the school gate and jog my way to our office.

I put down my bag and said to our president that I'm only dropping by the papers that need to be signed by the other officers because I have to go somewhere. I go directly to the covered court where Ashley told us to meet and I startle as I see a court full of students.

Ah I hate this. There are too many people here, where could they possibly be? I keep on tiptoeing to see if they're in a queue line at the registrar's office, or if they're at the front of Building B.

My face frowns as I grunt like a kid holding a folder full of paper works, and then someone says behind me, "Florence,"

I turn around and see JP with Jolo and Josh. JP continues, "Ashley was looking for you earlier."

I hastily ask, "Where is she?"

JP says that she already went home because she feels dizzy. I ask him if I could call her using his phone because I got my phone fixed the other day.

Jolo interrupts, chuckling, "Again?"

I chuckle, "Yep. Wreck it Florence is at it again."

JP hands me his phone while I say to them that I'll just go out in the benches. I put the phone on my left ear as I hear the other line ringing. One thing you should know about phones and calls is that if you're talking with someone on the phone, you should put it on your left ear because your right ear is more likely to absorb radiation than your left.

I just read that somewhere I can't even recall.

Ashley answers the call and then I say, "It's Florence, where are you guys?"

She chuckles, "We're already in Cubao because we'll be out of time if we still waited out for you."

I utter, "I understand that and I'm sorry I'm late but leaving this two with me? Huh."

She is laughing while telling me that it's my fault for waking up late so I should face the consequences of the universe. I chuckle as she continues, "Just endure commuting with those two and I'll message JP that I'll meet him right now."

I look at my right side and notice that the three are standing right outside the entrance of Building A.

You know when you're on the phone with someone and your body suddenly moves and do random things? That's what my body is doing right now. I'm swinging my right arm while my left foot is over a rock and then I look at the gate of our campus.

Ashley's voice zones out while she's telling me to take care because guess who I'm currently seeing entering the gate. It's my ex boyfriend and he's walking towards the entrance of Building A where Jolo and the others are.

Ashley already dropped the call but I'm still holding up my phone on my left ear to pretend that I'm still on the phone with her so it'll lessen the awkward aura.

He looks at me while confidently walking and like he doesn't care about me, which I hope is true, and then my eyes follow him as he walks closer to Jolo.

My world is literally slowing down because he's looking at Jolo while he's walking past him and then he looks at me. I want to laugh so hard but I'm embarrassed at the same time.

I sigh heavily and then I turn around to laugh a little bit. I hold JP's phone down and walk towards them.

I hand back his phone and say, "Ashley told me she's going to meet you. She didn't tell me where but she said she'll message you."