X

21 March 2019. I'm walking at a very fast pace. Holding tons of paper works; including our resolution that needs to be signed, attendance of the students for the graduation practice, and the actual seat plan for the graduation.

      I can already feel my heart racing because I've been going in and out of the office. Trying to finish some paper works and helping with the graduation practice at the same time. I go out the office as I notice that the practice just ended.

      I startle as someone calls my name while I head to the covered court. I look back and see JP standing and Jolo beside him leaning against a barrier. I rapidly walk towards them and utter, "What time are we going? Because I still have to finish some things."

JP answers, "We're kind of waiting for you but if you're still busy, we'll just head back to the dorm first. Besides, I think Mike will be here around 8?"

I hastily state, "Okay that's good. I'll be with Ashley later."

Our president in the organization just walk past me and told me to follow him so I wave my hand to both of them as I scurry back to the covered court.

6:13 pm. I rearrange the files on my table and then I hear someone enter the office. Michael leans on the side of the door and asks, "Are you going out tonight? Let's go grab some drinks."

I chuckle, "I'm actually going to drink with some friends around 8."

He utters, "That's still later; join us for a bottle or two. I'm with Julia, Norie, and Kyle. I invited Jake as well."

I laugh and answer him yes but only until 8 pm.

We walk outside the school and ride a tricycle. The vehicle moves as Jake asks, "Where's Kyle? I thought he's with us?"

Michael chuckles, "He didn't go to the practice so he said he'll be meeting us there."

We arrive at this foodpark called Millennials and walk directly upstairs, in the bar. Jake ordered a bucket as we look for an available table. There are actually tons of available tables because we're too early in here so I don't know why we're having a hard time choosing one.

We finally settle on this picnic like table with a brown paint. I sit between Norie and Jake while Julia is in front of me beside Michael. The staff serves the bucket of beer and I rapidly open up a bottle and they all look at me so I chuckle, "Yes, I'm in a hurry. I'll only drink with you guys until 8."

Julia asks, "Why? This is the first time I'm drinking with you again after, what? 2 years?"

I answer as I put down my bottle, "I already had plans for tonight in Cavite. I just came with you guys because apparently yes it has been 2 years and I miss drinking with you."

Michael interrupts us by saying that Kyle is already downstairs ordering a food.

Julia utters, "So Florence. How is it being single again?"

I chuckle, "How'd you guys know?"

Michael laughs and says, "Because of me! Plus, it's really obvious Florence. People know that you were always with him and now you're not."

They all nod as I utter, "Okay, but to answer the question. It has been great, actually." I sip my beer and continue, "It feels like some huge weight got off my back after carrying it for so long."

Norie interrupts, "And girl, you're blooming."

I laugh as Kyle walk towards our table and asks, "I'm blooming? Thanks."

He sits in front of me between Julia and Michael as he puts down his plate with carbonara on it.

I chuckle and look at his plate and back to him as I ask him, "You're going to eat that while drinking beer?"