[6] Gangleader

PEOPLE ARE STILL looking at me like I'm some type of animal at the zoo

Okay, it's time to blow this bitch!

Pacing myself, I briskly walk away from the center of the ballroom. I would say that I tried not to bump into anyone, but that would be a lie considering how everyone stayed a respectable distance away from me.

This is definitely not strange at all.

I don't know where I'm going, but it's not like that's ever stopped me before; so I keep walking until I'm finally out of the ballroom. Walking into the same corridors we passed on our way in here, I lean my body against the wall as I am finally able to let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Jeez, that place was suffocating. My mind is racing a thousand miles by the second with so many questions:

Who the heck is Marcello Trevon?

Why did he have to leave so abruptly?

And the major question, why in the hell were people staring at us?!

So many questions, yet no answers. Story of my life.

"Hope, what the fuck?!" Yells a particular voice I know all too well. Turning around, I come face to face with a petrified and confused looking Valerie. Her eyes are bulging out of her face and she's staring at me like I've just grown two heads. "Come on!" Says Valerie as she grabs onto my arm forcefully and starts pulling me to an unknown direction.

She takes a right at the end of the hallway, then we make our way through a white door leading to what I presume to be the bathroom judging by the sign in the door.

Once we're both in the bathroom, Valerie turns around and shuts the door. She then locks it twice and let's out a deep breath as she leans her head against the door. And for the first time since I've known Valerie, she looks... stressed. Her queen bitch persona has finally fallen and all I'm left with is just plain old Valerie.

A normal girl.

"Hope" She starts out shakily "Do you have any idea what you've just done?"

I stare at her blankly.

"Does it look like I do Valerie?! I don't understand why people are looking at me, so believe me when I say this... I have literally have no clue as to what in the world is going on right now!" I say finally snapping.

It's time I get some answers around here!

Valerie let's out a shaky breath as she mumbles something along the lines of 'why did she have to be here'. I decide not to respond, reading the tension in the room.