[9] Tigrotto

AFTER I RECOVERED from the news I received from Aspen this morning about Valerie's treacherous ways - and by recover, I mean taking out my frustration by putting a dent in the soap dispenser in the girls bathroom, which wasn't that hard to find by...

AFTER I RECOVERED from the news I received from Aspen this morning about Valerie's treacherous ways - and by recover, I mean taking out my frustration by putting a dent in the soap dispenser in the girls bathroom, which wasn't that hard to find by the way - I felt a lot better.

Coupled with the fact that I've made my first official friend here, I can definitely say that things might even be looking up!

After we arrived at Room 71, Aspen and I exchanged phone numbers, shared a parting hug then she even invited me to sit with her at lunch. I'm really looking forward to it because naturally, I had expected that being the new kid and all, I'd end up eating lunch all by myself in the bathroom stall.

Currently, I have a free period so after one of the most tedious searches of my life, I have eventually arrived at the school library.

I love to read!

And no. I'm not some nerd or anything, but I just love completely loosing myself in the pages, zoning out completely as I become one with the story.

Okay now that I hear myself... maybe I am a nerd after all.

After selecting Jane Eyre, one of my personal favorites, I find myself a nice and cozy little spot at the back of the library. Sitting on chairs in a library honestly takes most of the fun out of reading. I mean, the chairs are hard, cold and just so uncomfortable. The floor is where it's at!

I sink down onto the ground and rest my back against the wall. I open up my book and start reading. I've read this book about a hundred times already, but yet, I'd still read it a hundred times more.

I don't know how long I spend engrossed in my book until I hear someone plop down next to me.

Ugh! What is the matter with people these days? Can't you take the hint that I'm sitting here, at the back, all by myself because, I don't know, I want a little privacy!

I decide to ignore the idiot that chose to sit next to me, keeping my eyes glued to the page, until the sound of a deep husky voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "You're kind of in my spot you know." Says the mysterious voi- wait a minute! I'd know that voice anywhere.

There's only one man in this world who's succeeded in sending shivers down my spine when he opens his mouth to speak.

Marce-

Nope! It can't be him. I simply will not allow it. He's not even supposed to be here. So I ignore him. Digging my face deeper and deeper into the book.

"Ah, 'Jane Eyre.' One of my favorites!" Oh you have got to be kidding me.

Well that's probably a lie. Gang leaders don't read! Okay, that makes no sense whatsoever. So I'm going to stop talking now.

"Are you ignoring me angel?" That nickname. Crap! It really is him!

I remain quiet and bite back my will to respond as I dig my nails into the hard cover book, no doubt leaving a couple of dents in it.