[11] The Grimm Reaper

QUICKLY UNTANGLING MYSELF from Marcello's arms, I fold my own over my chest as I clear my throat

QUICKLY UNTANGLING MYSELF from Marcello's arms, I fold my own over my chest as I clear my throat. Well this is awkward. What are the odds that I just had to run into the one person I'd been trying to avoid all week.

"Thanks for... unm, not letting me fall." I murmur not making eye contact. His eyes noticeably darken as he slowly rakes them over my body causing a small blush to creep onto my neck. You know, the fact that I happen to be biracial yet I turn a deep shade of red every single time I see this man never ceases to upset me.

"Don't flatter yourself. These tiles were bloody expensive and I'd simply just hate to see them covered in blood." He says displeased with a slight hint of amusement in his tone.

I glare at him with extreme concentration at his insinuation that he caught me not for my own benefit but that of 'his expensive tiles' instead- wait a minute!

His expensive tiles?! No, that has to be a joke. "You're just fucking with me." I declare scoffing. "Like I'd actually believe you own this place." I say folding my arms across my chest.

"Okay then. Don't believe it." He says simply as he starts walking away with long and determined strides.

Umn rude!

I don't know what makes me do what I do next, especially considering that I'm supposed to be doing the exact opposite, but I jog and catch up to him. "First of all, didn't your mother ever tell you that it's rude to walk out of a conversation without permission?" I question and he scoffs amusedly.

"I knew you'd follow me anyway." He says condescendingly but I ignore his comment and continue on.

"Secondly, do you actually expect me to believe you own this place?" I question, waving my arms, gesturing to the entirety of the building while he rolls his eyes annoyedly.

"Okay look. Incase you haven't noticed angel, I'm kind of in the middle of something and I have places to be." He says looking at his silver Rolex as I struggle to match his quick stride.

Refusing to be ignored, I continue walking next to him humming along to the tune of the catchy song currently blaring through the the speakers of the club. Marcello lets out a groan, running his hands across his face before turning his head to face me. "Do you not know when to fucking quit?"

"Nope. I'm really stubborn. My best friend used to joke around and call me a Mule because according to her, my obstinacy is out of this Milky Way." I chuckle at the fond memory, making a mental note to call Melissa tomorrow morning.

We haven't really been able to talk as much as we would have liked this week because of how busy I've been. Juggling school work with my awkward excuse of a home life, it's been really hectic for me.