chapter 17 : Let's break the curse !

POS: External

ON THE SIDE OF MACY AND INGRID

Macy and Ingrid were going around in circles in the base, hoping to find their two companions.

"We'll never find them," said Ingrid, a little out of breath.

They had just been running for a while, hoping to lose Bella and Naoki, which they managed to do. They had decided to stop and take a break.

"We have to find them, we need them," said Macy.

"How do you want to find them?"

"I don't know...but I'll figure it out in a little while," said the princess, thinking.

A monster, which serves as a drone, slowly comes towards them. It was high up and hidden by the darkness of the corridors. Of course, Macy and Ingrid couldn't see much... But they had been able to find their way around thanks to green lines in the ground, which surely generated energy.

The drone scanned them to identify them, (without Macy and Bella noticing). When he finished the scan, it was red. That meant they were enemies. Its mode of attack was triggered directly by firing at them. Both girls were surprised by the attack from above. Ingrid received a beam from the shot and got a scratch.

Macy destroyed the drone with sledgehammers. She then went after Ingrid to see how she was doing.

"You okay? You're not in too much pain?"

"I'm okay. Don't worry. It's not a serious injury, let's keep looking for the others."

"But how? This place is a maze!"

"We should have seen if there were any security cameras, or anything that could tell us where the cells are."

"Um... is there a base map on the walls or something?"

Macy looked everywhere but there was nothing. She wondered how the monsters were able to locate themselves or head into that underground place.

"We should keep going," Ingrid suddenly said, "We shouldn't stay put. Maybe the drone warned the scientist where we were."

"You're right. Let's hurry up and get out of here!"

They ran and continued.

ON THE SIDE OF RUINA, CLAY AND MONSTROX / KNIGHTS

While the knights were fighting monsters. Ruina, Clay and Monstrox were watching the battle.

"Maybe I should go back to the base to see how they're doing," said Clay, "There's nothing interesting about this battle."

"Do you really think they need you inside?" Ruina asked.

"Yeah, they do."

"I think he's right. There don't seem to be many of them in the fight."

"I feel like there's no Macy and another girl," says Clay...

"Your son is right. There are some missing, it's suspicious."

"Do you two think they'd have snuck onto the base?"

They both nodded.

"I'll go," said Monstrox, "They won't have time to save their companions."

Ruina said nothing for a moment and then nodded in approval. So Monstrox left for headquarters.

ON THE SIDE OF BELLA

She'd been after Macy and Ingrid for a while. She stopped when she found a broken drone on the side that was blowing out some smoke.