Chapter 23 : What's happening?

POS: External

The knights chatted a little to pass the time, as Ava, Robin and Merlok tried to detect a trace of Monstrox and Ruina.

"Hey, do you know where Fletcher and Izzy are?" Jestro asked.

"Don't you?" Macy began, "They're back at the academy. Izzy had to get back to her training."

"Fletcher was supposed to stay with us, but he wanted to stay with Izzy and protect her if monsters attacked them. He's a little bit of a reassurance to everyone there," said Aaron.

"I understand his decision," says Jestro.

"Haha, he wants to protect his princess," says Ingrid.

Ingird laughed, as did Emma. In no time at all, the whole room caught the disease of humour.

Clay walked in. Bella noticed that he hadn't slept well because of the dark circles under his eyes.

"How are you, brother?" the young magician asked.

"It's okay. Just bad night, it's not worrisome" lied Clay. He knew something was going to happen. But he couldn't say it, it frustrated him greatly.

"Okay, but I think you need to get some rest."

"I've been trying to sleep all night, but did you see the result?"

"We can try to cast a sleep spell."

"No, I'd rather not."

"Still, it would be much simpler."

"I know but...I don't think it would work."

Bella shrugged, "We can always try. It doesn't cost anything to test."

"Um, what if the spell fails. It could go wrong and imagine the worst."

"Hmm, you're right. Then I just wish you a good rest," said Bella.

"Yeah, thanks."

Bella smiled and then joined her boyfriend, Thomas. Macy arrived near Clay.

"Hey, will you join us? It's not better to be alone after all that's happened."

"Yeah, I know, Macy. And you do? I'm going to go to practice to distract myself a little bit."

"Okay, but don't overdo it either."

"Yeah." Clay said as he left the room.

"Your brother's weird," Thomas told Bella. Both had been following the conversation.

"You're right." Bella said, "Macy."

"Yeah? What's going on?"

"Would you mind keeping an eye on my brother for a while? He's acting suspiciously."

"Sure, sure, sure, sure. I can do that."

She left the room after she had said what she wanted to say.

POS: Macy

I walked the halls to find Clay. I don't know what's happening to him but I hope it's not too bad. I heard a noise. It was coming from the gym, it was probably Clay but why was he screaming. I put my ear to the door to listen.

"Ah, get out of the way! Get out of my head!"

"Hahaha! Are you that weak, Moorington!? Hahahahahaha!!!"

The voice, only Clay hears it.

"I'm not weak! But you're not making me feel better by being here!"