Chapter 18

**Mark's P.O.V.**

I run back to my house and slam the front door shut. I'm up the stairs in a matter of seconds and am slamming the door to my bedroom.

"THAT SON OF A BITCH!" I scream as I punch my pillow several times.

"WHOA WHOA MAN, WHAT'S WRONG?" Craig yells as he runs into my room.

"Fucking Tanner."

"Buddy, she just needs some time sh--"

"She cheated on me."

"No shit." Craig says in disbelief. "How'd you find out?" he asks as he plops down on the bed next to me.

"I saw the asshole. I went over there to check on her since she hasn't contacted me in two days and Craig, it's a disaster. There's beer and liquor bottles everywhere, and he room is like a smoke room."

"She's smoking?"

"Yes! And while I was talking to her this dick walks out of the bathroom. I asked her straight up if she slept with him and she admitted to it." I say. My whole body is shaking and tears start to fall and I don't bother to wipe them.

"Listen Mark, I know this is hard but---"

"Hard? Craig, it feels like she just stomped on my heart. I fucking love her and she's destroying me."

"I know but listen, Tanner didn't lose just one parent, she lost both. And it's not their fault and it's not her fault, the only person to blame is the drunk driver."

"I know that I'm suppose to be here for her, but I can't do it man. I can't watch her do that with her life and I don't care if it makes me weak but I--"

"Mark you are the farthest thing from weak." Craig says as he grabs me by my shoulders. "You didn't kill the dude back there, and that took a hell of a lot of self control." I want to laugh at this but I just can't.

"I can't do it man. I can't stay here and watch her." I say, looking at him with desperation in my eyes.

"You want my opinion?" I nod. "Go to California early. Get the hell away from here."

"But what about Tanner?"

"I will keep an eye on her, but if it's you trying to do it it's only going to hurt you more."

"When should I leave?”

"Tonight. Just make sure you tell mom and dad." he says.

I rub my face in frustration as I weigh my options. "Okay." I finally say.

"Just make sure you visit us before season starts." Craig says as he pats my back.

"Thank you man, really."

"Just trying to be a decent older brother.” he says and I wrap him in a massive hug.

"So does this mean you'll help me pack?"

"I have to go, busy, busy, busy." this does make me laugh.

A/N: Things are getting kind of tense. Do you think it’s a good idea if Mark leaves? Let me know in the comments, and like if you enjoyed Mark’s POV! Happy reading xx.