thirteen ➳ menswear

After the heated make-out session I shared with Luke a few days ago, he cut any form of communication between us again. This time, I didn't question him or prayed for him to randomly show up in my classes or lunch so we can talk. I choked down a bottle of Jack, smashed it against a wall and pissed off. If he wanted to ignore me, so be it.

Due to limited time with Luke, I found myself hanging out with Ashton and some other friend of his (I think his name was something like Calum). We mainly sneaked at the back of the school, smoking half of the school day or just talking and listening to music. Calum had hit on me a few times and I flirted back, only to get suspicious looks from Ashton, which made me stop right there. I literally couldn't understand boys and their jealousy.

Now here I was, standing in front of my full body mirror, applying eyeliner. It was Sam's party today (Luke told me the kid's name) and I'd picked out a pair of black leggings who stopped right above my ankle, leather platform ankle boots and an oversized sweater which draped down my shoulder, stolen from Ashton's closet. My hair was tied up on a messy ponytail and a few hickeys poked out due to my pale skin, but I could care less.

My phone started ringing and I rolled my eyes, throwing my jean jacket on. I picked my phone and keys from the kitchen table, ignoring the call. Ash was probably outside with his car and felt too bored to knock.

I sneaked out of the house and made sure to lock the door behind me, before walking across the lawn and all the way to Ashton's car, parked on the sidewalk. Without a word, I slipped into the passenger's seat and crossed my legs.

"Leggings?" Ashton murmured in a raspy voice as he drove off. "You're killing me."

"Shut it, Irwin."

His hand crawled up on my thigh and he left it there, rubbing circles across the inner part. He dragged my leg closer to him, keeping his eyes focused on the road sprawling in front of him. I rolled my eyes and leaned closer, removing the cigarette from his mouth only to place it between my lips.

I inhaled slowly, blowing out the smoke all at once. Ashton's eyes trailed over at my figure and he smirked. "Luke's a lucky lad for popping your cherry if you ask me."

He took the cigarette from my lips and placed it between his plump ones. I was still trying to process what he said, whilst picking at the hem of my sweater. "I didn't think he'd talk about this to everyone."

"It's not something you can keep to yourself" Ashton muttered, his elbow resting on the edge of the open window of his door. I picked the cigarette and took a long drag, before handing it back to him. "It must've been a slip of the tongue."

I nodded faintly, leaning back on my seat and sprawling my legs up behind the glass. "I don't enjoy talking about my first time, thank you very much."

"No one does" he chuckled. "I lost my virginity -when? At 14? Anyway, the girl was so terrified that she started crying and we both freaked."

"She was a virgin too?"

Her rubbed the back of his neck and placed his palm back on my thigh, stroking my skin in circular, soothing moves. "Yeah, she was my cousin's best friend or something." I could see the house from afar due to all the bright lights and people hanging on the garden, as well as outside and on the door. Ashton parked his truck on the other side of the road and looked at me, tossing the wasted cigarette out of the window. "I don't remember how we got in bed, to be fair."

We got out of the car and he locked it, then led me to the other side, where most people were gathered. Thankfully, we managed to slip into the crowd without drawing any attention to ourselves and made it inside the house. The music was blaring at top volume and the dancefloor was packed with people jumping up and down. Ashton's hand wrapped around mine and he offered me a smile, before leading me to the back of the room.

Three small couches were placed on the corner, creating a cozy atmosphere, despite the smell of smoke, vodka and cheap perfume filling the air. Calum arrived after a few minutes and instantly pulled me in for a bear hug.

"Boooooooo" he whined into my ear, keeping his voice as down as he could because of the loud music. His arms squeezed me and I tapped on his shoulder blades desperately, pleading for release.

"Can't...breathe..."

Calum opened his arms and let me go, chuckling a little at how hard I was trying to catch my breath again. I kicked his leg lightly, pulling my usual pouty face.

"Isn't she adorable?"

I felt a bump on my back and turned around, to find Bianca standing there with a huge smile on her face. I was so shocked that I couldn't even move a finger. It was the first time in my life that I saw her genuinely smile.

"Shut up." I shook my head and jumped at her right away, wrapping my arms around her in a messy hug. I heard Calum whistling on my right and threw a punch at his shoulder, laughing out loud when I heard him wince.

When we pulled away, she instantly fixed her black tight dress and shook her head, a smile lingering on her cherry lips. "I never took you as a lovey dovey kinda chick."

"I'm not-"

Calum stepped in. "She so is."

I smacked the back of his head. "Shut the fuck up!"

We all laughed at both my reaction and Calum's; he looked so heartbroken and offended as he rubbed the back of his skull to ease the non-existent pain I caused him. I barely touched the guy and he made such a huge deal about it.

Ashton appeared from behind Bianca and me, throwing both his arms around our shoulders. "Ready to have some fun?"

Cheering and whistling, we moved to the couches and plopped down with a loud noise. I found myself squeezed between Calum and Ashton and the funniest thing is that they both had rested their hands on either thigh of mine. I was about to crack a joke about it when my eyes caught Luke's blond hair into the crowd, and unfortunately next to a girl.

She wore a blue navy dress and was giggling to something he said, literally pressed against his side. My guts twisted and my fists suddenly tightened in anger. This wasn't normal, though; Luke and I never dated, and I sure as hell knew he never liked me. Yeah, he was the guy whom I had my first time with, but to him it all stopped there, and to my training needs of course. Apparently, I was ready to him so now that I wasn't bothering him with the mission anymore, he flirted with other girls. How nice.

"Hey" I heard Ashton's faint voice in my ear and I turned to him. His eyes were full of concern and he rubbed circles on my thigh, trying to comfort me apparently. Pointing towards Luke and the chick with his head, he nodded. "I have something that'll make you feel better."

"Just take me away from here" I whispered.

With one more nod, he took my hand and helped me up. Calum looked up at me with a frown and I smiled instead, giving him a wink. "We're gonna be upstairs, excuse us for a bit" Ash announced and we walked away from the couches together, holding hands still.

The staircase was crowded thanks to every couple on this party making out against the sill, or random girl cliques gushing about this footballer asking them out or kissing them on some party game. I rolled my eyes at every single one of them as I walked and practically dragged Ashton to the first floor.

Knocking on several doors, we finally found an empty room and crashed on the double bed in there, making sure to lock the door behind us. I rolled on my tummy and watched as he laid there on his back, fumbling with something inside his pocket.

"Everything alright?"

He nodded quickly and pulled out a cigarette, showing it to me. I knew better than that though, and instantly understood it was weed we were talking about here.

I sighed lightly. "You're killing me."

"Just try it, and I swear it'll be good, okay?"

Grabbing my lighter from the nightstand where I left it, along with my phone and a spare packet of cigarettes, I nodded.

-*-*-*-

i'm sick and so sad bc i hate having fever :( plus i'm bored in bed rn so here's a chapter i just came up with ily all pray for mE