six ➳ late night conversations

It took Luke approximately six hours to calm me down. He stood there shocked when I expressed my request and looked at me for a good half an hour as if I'd just escaped from a mental hospital. When I stepped foot into the place, I broke down crying and he had to drag me all the way to the living room and throw me on the couch, literally.

Crying absorbed all my energy and it just was a matter of time that sleep took over my body. I was already too tired and my slumber lasted for nearly three hours. When he nudged my shoulder I opened both my eyes wide and looked around for his parents, that may have arrived while I was passed out, but judging by the look on his eyes, they weren't gonna get home today.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, drinking from a cup filled with hot, fresh-made coffee he made for me and held it under my nose because he was just mean like that. We both curled up on the couch and now here we were, him looking towards the closed balcony doors, while the curtains were pulled back, revealing a plain, dull view of the house next door. I, on the other hand, was occasionally taking sips from my coffee while piercing my eyes on my crossed legs.

"Were you serious?" I heard him whisper out of the blue. My eyes wandered at his face, until our gazed locked. "When you said you wanted to be a, whore" he choked out the word, "did you mean it?"

"Of course I meant it."

Silence blanketed us once again and I gulped down half of the coffee, to ease some of the tension I felt. His eyes were watching me and I could feel it, and I have to say, it was making me awfully nervous.

"So..." I trailed off, my heart hammering in my chest, "will you, uh, help me?"

He nodded quickly, and his lips curled up in a broad smirk. "Sure, I'll help you."

"Thank-"

"But" he cut me off, sitting up and getting in front of me, in order to gain my full attention.

I whined. "What?"

"You have to tell me why first" he told me, giving me a sheepish smile after the request.

Rolling my eyes, I sighed heavily. "You're such an asshole."

"A hot asshole" he winked at me and elbowed my sides as lightly as he could, tickling me instead of hurting me. I tried to suppress a laugh but didn't make it, and five seconds later I was already giggling. "Seriously though, what happened? Problem in paradise?"

Letting out a heavy sigh, I closed my eyes and rubbed small circles on my temples with my fingertips. "You were right, okay?" I whispered quietly, as if being heard by anyone except him would harm us both in some way. "Troy and Lola were having an affair, and I caught them red handed."

"I told you so, didn't I?" he shot his head back and laughed quite loud, stopping right when he saw me getting pissed. "Sorry, but you had it coming sweetheart."

"Just shut your fucking mouth, will you, Hemmings?" I snapped at him and raised my eyebrow.

He laughed even louder than before, to the point where he held on his stomach and leaned forward. I pressed my one hand against his shoulder and shoved him backwards, gritting my jawline in anger. A few tears were even pricking in his eyes when he stopped laughing for good, and he wiped them by swiping the back of both his hands against his face.

"I'm sorry" he declared in an apologetic tone. "It's just that you're getting so defensive, it ends up being hilarious after a few pointless lines."

"My lines aren't pointless, Mr. know-it-all" I pointed out. "You're just pissing me off, big time."

He raised both his eyebrows and held back a laugh. "Oh, you're tired of my face?" Leaning closer, he added: "You wouldn't kick me out of bed unless it was to fuck on the floor, sugar."

I groaned. "Shut up, oh my god."

"Not until you tell me."

"I want to get my revenge, okay?" I nearly screamed at his face. One thing I hated very much was being pressurized to speak about things that were either unpleasant to me or awkward. He was invading my personal space, too, and it was awful. "Claire knew all about the cheating too and I feel it, because I know both of them very well. I wanna hurt her and Lola and Troy for being such a fucking asshole to me. I want to hurt my parents too, for always giving me no attention and avoiding every bit of contact with me as if I was fucking adopted or a shame to the family and whoever talked to me would get some lethal sickness or whatever." I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with air before I continued. "You get my point, don't you?"

He nodded quickly and the thing that caught my attention right away was his blue, extremely wide eyes. "Yeah, and I'll help you." We remained there, sitting opposite to each other and looking into one another's eyes, until he decided to break the silence. "In order to turn you into what you wanna be, I need to know how far you've gone with that square you had for a boyfriend."

I held myself back from snapping back at his rude remark. "We, uh, made out a few times."

"That's all?"

I nodded once. "Yeah."

"You have so much to learn" Luke shook his head slowly as he inched closer to me and rested his palm on my knee. "He's never fingered you or anything, I'm guessing?"

"Luke!" I shrieked.

"Has he?"

"No" I mumbled in a low voice.

Luke cupped my chin in his hand and lifted my head so that I was facing him and I gave him a shy look, as I felt blood rushing through my cheeks, giving them a deep red colour. It was embarrassing but there was nothing I could do right now, just blush. "It's okay that you're inexperienced on that part, there's always a bright side anyway." Winking at me cheekily, he continued. "Imagine if you'd done anything with him and then with me; you'd feel super bad because I'm better."

I sighed. "So modest."

"You know me."

I smacked the back of his head. "Can we just get started with this?"

A smirk took over his lips again and he got even closer to me, leaning down so he can whisper in my ear properly. "Operation Bo starts now!"

We both clapped our hands in a sudden outburst of happiness, falling back on the couch when we started laughing. He actually fell on top of me while I was sprawled on the cushions and our eyes locked in an intensive stare. Right then, I knew this wouldn't be as easy as I first thought.

The party starts now.

-*-*-*-

caption this