eight ➳ new look

I woke up in the morning and picked my phone from the night stand as soon as I made sure my eyes were open enough. Before unlocking the device I sat up, leaning against the frame and stretching my arms out. For some reason, the house seemed too quiet today. On regular Sunday mornings, my dad is reading a newspaper in the kitchen while my mum listens to some music on the radio whilst trying to decide what to cook for lunch, or if I'm not awake, making me some breakfast.

Pressing the small button on top of my iPhone, I narrowed my eyes due to the high brightness coming from the screen and inserted the passcode, unlocking my phone. Suddenly it vibrated in my hand, indicating I'd received a text message. Opening the appropriate tab, I found out that Luke texted me just a few seconds ago.

Get ready, there's a long day ahead of you.

Frowning to myself, I replied with a simple okay and dropped my phone on the bed, getting out lazily. While taking a shower, I heard my ringtone going off but I was too comfy in the bath to get up and take the call, so I made a note to self to call back whoever it was.

After almost half an hour, I was clean and smelling like flowers. Smiling at the reflection of myself in the mirror, I tiptoed out of the bathroom, picked a simple outfit for the day and began to brush my hair in front of the mirror, struggling to type and open my phone with the other hand. Before I could even see who had called me, some number I had never seen before popped on top of the screen and I slid across the lowest part, answering.

"Hello?"

The person on the other side cleared their throat. "Is this Bo?"

"Ebony, yes" I confirmed in a polite tone. A girl.

She chuckled, her tone almost mocking me. "Too girly for what you wanna be." Now that seems weird.

"What-"

"I've spoken to Luke, and he asked me to help you" she quickly explained. "Now get ready, I'll be there in a few minutes to pick you up."

The line broke immediately and I was left staring at my phone in the palm of my hand with a blank expression. Luke did mention some girl named Bianca yesterday whilst holding my sides as he tried to kiss me, but I was too busy blocking him to pay attention on how she's supposed to reach me.

Shrugging off all the thoughts in my mind, I walked down the stairs and on my way to the kitchen. Of course, no one was here. Both my parents were working, even though it was Saturday, or travelling, and didn't even bother to leave a note to let me know. This has been happening ever since I attended middle school, so I was far used to it by now.

As I was sipping from a hot cup of coffee, the doorbell rang loudly, nearly causing me to spit the liquid from my mouth. I picked a napkin from the table and wiped the corners of my lips as I walked over to the hall and dragged the door open.

In front of me stood a girl with bright pink hair and dressed in all black. She looked up at me and nodded quickly, taking one small step forward. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." I grabbed my keys from the kitchen table and jogged back on the hall, getting out of my house and locking the door behind me. The girl nodded one more time and then turned on her heels as I faced her back.

Her car was parked on the pavement right outside my house. It was a simple black pick-up truck, similar to Troy's. His memory made my heart clutch in pain and I did my best to ignore the unpleasant feeling. He wasn't part of my life anymore; only one of the people whom I want to destroy with my new attitude.

We got in the car quickly and she switched the engine on, driving off with rapid moves of her hands. I had my eyes pierced outside the window the entire time, drowned in the silence I was forced into. She didn't seem like the talkative type and not even the Tori type. Her style reminded me more of a goth, or a punk. I'm not sure what's the difference between these two, so yeah.