New Kids On The Walk

Annabeth and Butch rode in a chariot towards The Grand Canyon. The blonde girl silently begging for it to go faster. She didn't know how much longer she could wait without Percy. A few days ago, she had a vision in which Hera told her, "look for a boy with one shoe." Annabeth sighed and rubbed her temples; she was beyond stressed. A raven swooped past her face, causing her to focus on the animal instead of her thoughts. The dark feathered creature flew next to her in the chariot. Annabeth smiled and gave a thumbs up, the raven speeding up a bit.

That raven was one of her friends, a new camper named Livana. Annabeth was currently teaching her English through Greek, as when she first arrived at camp she only knew French. Annabeth could tell she had a rough life, as was expected of a demigod. From what she could figure out, her father was an astronomer named Philippe Li Wei, but he passed when Livana was ten years old. She moved in with her Godfather in upstate New York, but never said much passed that.

Being a daughter of Nyx, Livana had already shown great strength. Annabeth knew taking her on this trip could potentially lead to a quest and put Livana in danger- she didn't have much battle experience yet. But she also knew Livana would fall behind her English studies without her. "She only trusts me and Nico..." Annabeth mumbled to herself. Livana cawed at her, making the blonde smile. "Mhm, that's right, Nico," she spoke to the bird. Livana and Nico had a bit of a past together, both having similar powers and thus being drawn towards each other. Nico vaguely mentioned shadow traveling to her accidentally on several occasions. Though, that wasn't what actually happened. Their story confused Annabeth, so she did her best to not dwell on it.

The sound of a storm rumbling shifted Annabeth's attention up ahead. Around the canyon a large, dark cloud swirled in the sky. It was only in one part of the whole canyon, which was most definitely not a coincidence.

The feathered creature cawed at Annabeth again, seeming to ask if she could go ahead. Annabeth nodded and gave her a thumbs up, watching the raven turn a bit wispy. It became a sort of flying shadow before racing ahead at incredible speeds.

Livana whipped through the winds as the dark clouds became closer, growing larger and stormier. Then there it was, the canyon looked like a crazy god came out and dragged a knife through the Earth, creating the walls of the trenches. Livana shook off her amazement and focused on the situation.

Lightning, wind, and some storm spirits- she could deal with that just fine. Though she had been at camp for one summer, she was a fast learner. She picked up on her powers quickly- even with the small number of siblings she had to teach her. Livana squinted her bird eyes and saw three teenagers on the glass skywalk, staring at the storm spirits. One was tall and blonde, he seemed to be fighting the spirits with a celestial sword. Another was a girl, who looked native; she was backing against the glass doors.

The last was a shorter boy, defenseless as a storm spirit advanced on him. Livana quickly wrapped herself in shadows, transforming back into her normal self. She grabbed a bit of darkness from the clouds and formed it into a nicely shaped sword, striking the storm spirit as she came down to the skywalk. She kept her blade in its form, dragging down the spirit's back. It let out a bleeding screech before turning into yellow dust. The girl let her feet hit the glass walk, fixing her white tennis skirt and swiping monster remains off her orange Camp Half -Blood sweater. The wind from the storm blew her long, silky black hair everywhere. She moved the strands from her face and looked at the boy. He stared back with wide eyes, making Livana laugh softly. She turned and jumped another storm spirit, the blonde boy and native girl doing their own thing.

A stout-looking satyr ran up, fighting a storm spirit near Livana. "'Bout time! Where's the rest of the extraction squad?!" He yelled. Livana gave him a confused look, slashing through the spirit's head. She ran away and back up to the walk, watching the girl get up and jump onto one of the monsters' back. It howled and bucked like a bull, throwing the girl off the side. Livana didn't hesitate to dive down and save her. The blonde did the same after the satyr yelled at him to help.