Chapter 9

A/N: I am amazed how far this story has come. This started as a one shot to be honest. I am amazed it's reached as far as Argentina! Hello to my readers all over. I am not sure how many chapters there will be. Probably not too long since I've been busy writing Make it Real and The Perfect You, as well as, raising my two year old daughter. So I ask to please be patient with me as far as updates go.

Disclaimer: I do not own Glee, characters, or song lyrics.

*******************

Blaine was sitting in the choir practice room, and decided to play something on the piano. Sometimes he wishes he could go back in time and make better choices. He wonders what would've happened if he had he been honest with Rachel after they kissed at her party and the Lima Bean. Would they be where they are now? Would their lives be this complicated? Have I really shown her how much I care? Maybe he has gone about things the wrong way. He thought of Rachel's original song her junior year when he was still a Warbler.

Get It Right"

(Blaine)
What have I done?
 I wish I could run,
 Away from this ship going under
 Just trying to help
 Hurt everyone else
 Now I feel the weight of the world is on my shoulders

(Blaine)

 What can you do when your good isn’t good enough
 And all that you touch tumbles down?
 Cause my best intentions
 Keep making a mess of things,
 I just wanna fix it somehow
 But how many times will it take?
 Oh, how many times will it take for me to get it right, to get it right?

(Blaine)

 Can I start again, with my faith shaken?
 Cause I can’t go back and undo this
 I just have to stay and face my mistakes,
 But if I get stronger and wiser, I’ll get through this

*Rachel walked in, and listened to Blaine sing HER original song. She sat down next to him, and joined in . She saw tears in his eyes, but a hint of that smile she missed.*

(Rachel)

 What can you do when your good isn’t good enough?
 And all that you touch tumbles down?
 Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things,

(Blaine)
 I just wanna fix it somehow
 But how many times will it take?
 Oh, how many times will it take for me to get it right?

(Blaine)

 So I throw up my fist, throw a punch in the air,
 And accept the truth that sometimes life isn’t fair!

(Rachel)
 Yeah, I’ll send out a wish, yeah, I’ll send up a prayer
 And finally someone will see how much I care

(Both)

 What can you do when your good isn’t good enough?
 And all that you touch tumbles down?

(Blaine)
 Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things,
 I just wanna fix it somehow
 But how many times will it take?

(Rachel)
 Oh, how many times will it take, to get it right?
 To get it right?

 Rachel: Wow, I'm flattered. You chose to sing MY song.

Blaine: It's an amazing song, just like you are. It says a lot of how I've felt lately.

Rachel: I know. And it's been awhile since we've been able to just sing together without arguing.

Blaine : Rach..how did we get here? This isn't us.

Rachel: Well sex between friends.or.friends with benefits,.usually ends up like this. I'm not regretting anything we've done or being with you..i just want you to.understand MY feelings. There is more to me than.just sex.

Blaine: Hey, in my defense, I can't help you are sexy as hell.

* Rachel's cheeks turned pink* "Well you're too. BUT I refuse to be anyone's secret because look where its brought us. We're miserable. And right now, I've been spending time with Sam. We're not official, haven't had sex. But, he listens to me..He spends time with me that doesn't always end in a bed. I started to feel like the only reason you would come around is to have sex.

Blaine: We have chemistry, Rachel. But, I.get what you're saying and you're right. You deserve to be happy and I've acted like a jerk. I just ask to please don't give up on me. On us.

Rachel: I still love you, Blaine. I want us to.work. But, you need to decide before I he to where I'm tired of waiting..i thought of this song that reminds me of us in a.way.

"Maybe He'll Notice Her Now" (A/N: Mindy McCready RIP)

(Rachel)
She wrote I feel just like that painting
 Collectin' dust on the wall
 And every day you walk right by me
 And don't know I'm there at all
 And I can't think of one single reason
 Why I should be hangin around
 She signed it,
 "I hope that you'll miss me"
 then she drove herself outta town

[Chorus]
 Maybe he'll notice her now
 Maybe he'll open his eyes
 Sometimes it takes somebody leavin
 For a man to realize
 Maybe he'll tell her she's the only thing
 That he can't live without
 Now that she's gone
 Maybe he'll notice her now

 When he came home late that evenin
 He called her name down the hall
 He saw the outline of the painting
 That used to hang there on the wall
 And in its place on the nail was the letter
 He read it out loud to himself
 Then the loneliness began to take over
 And for once he knew just how she felt

[Repeat chorus]

 He called her up, he said I have been such a fool
 She said I will come back and boy I still love you

[Repeat chorus]

(Rachel)

*looks directly into Blaine's eyes, leans in brushing her lips gently. She missed him, but right now she needed time for her. She wants Blaine to decide before she's gone. She can't wait forever *

 I'm comin home
 Maybe you'll notice me now

 Rachel: I've got to go. Think about what I said.

Blaine: I love you, Rach. And if Sam makes you happy right now, I'm ok, but please don't forget about me. Think about who and what you want, too. I'll always be here. Just asking for a chance.

Rachel: We shall see, Blaine Warbler.

Blaine watched Rachel walk out, and suddenly felt a sharp pain watching her leave the room. If it hurt this much just watching her leave a room, then how much more pain would it be with her pushing him completely out walking away forever?

****(*******************(

A/N: This chapter was basically just Blainchel and I felt important...for them to both sit down and talk.without fighting. I admit, I got Blainchel feels from it. Looks like Blaine (and Rachel) have a lot to think about. Especially what they will do about Kurt and Sam too. Read & Review. Sorry short.