Part 3-Escape from The Heights

Hayden was standing over the computer in Coast Corp observing the city with Vivian beside him.

"Did Logan leave Coast City?" Vivian asked Hayden who glanced over at her.

"Yes, he went back to Nanda Parbat with that Hunter guy and his new girlfriend, Maeve." Hayden told Vivian.

Just then, Hayden got a phone call so he pulled out his phone and answered, "Hello. Hey babe....oh she's here, great. I'll be there soon."

"That was Gia. Apparently, my cousin is here from Central City. And she's with Gia now." said Hayden as he reached for his coat. Vivian waved goodbye as she watched the taller guy leave the lab.

Out of nowhere, someone said, "This place is okay. Not exactly what I thought you would want to work in, but it's nice."

Vivian turned to see Easton standing there with a large briefcase. "What's that?" She asked.

"Some things I definitely don't need as a physics professor," said Easton with a smile. "Just some leftover building supplies I thought you might want."

"Oh thanks. Maybe we can work on something together." Vivian insisted while she walked over to him, taking the briefcase and setting onto a table. She opened it and started to take out the various kinds of mechanical items.

***
Nanda Parbat

Logan threw his sparring partner to the ground and then got on him, putting a knife to the guy's throat. Once Logan started to get off the other assassin, he helped the guy up saying, "Thanks for the session."

"Rha's wants your help with something." said the assassin before he walked off. Logan picked up his sword and put it into its sheath. He started to walk towards his mom's chambers when he heard someone behind him.

When Logan turned quickly, he saw Hunter standing behind him. "Don't listen to her. She's controlling, manipulative, and lastly not a good person. Falling into her trap will not be good for anyone."

"What are you talking about man?" Logan questioned. He went over to the guy and looked down at him.

"Did you ever wonder why Al Namar left Rose's side? She betrayed us by helping Winston." Hunter told Logan.

"What? No? She helped me take him down!" Logan urged as he pushed Hunter back up against a wall.

"But she is the one who captured Olivia Gomez 7 months back delivering her to Winston." explained Hunter as he pushed Logan back before he kicked Logan back into the wall.

He pulled out a knife putting it by his side while saying, "If she gets you on her side, there is no stopping her." Hunter ran at Logan jumping into the air. He gripped onto the knife stabbing down at Logan when Logan lifted his arm stopping the knife by letting it impale him.

"Ugh!" He screamed in pain.

"The knife is titanium!" Hunter shouted before he pulled the knife out again. He retried to stab Logan again, but this time Logan disarmed him by throwing Hunter away with his super strength.

"I don't want to have to do this." He told Hunter as he walked towards him.

***

As Hayden walked into his apartment, he saw Gia coming towards him with her purse and coat on. "I've dealt with murders and aliens, but that woman in there is probably the worst thing I have ever met." Gia stated before she opened the door and left the apartment.

Just then, a short brown haired girl with blue eyes and her phone up to her ear came around the corner. She saw Hayden putting the phone down shouting, "Oh my god, Hayden it's been so long!" The lady pulled Hayden into a very awkward hug. She was smiling from ear to ear.