Chapter 10 ~ Job hunts

~ Raven's P.O.V ~

What am I going to do now? We need 5000$ to pay for Desterys surgery and we only have 1500$ of it covered by the insurance.

This is why I hate America and it's god damn health system. Why don't we just move to Canada and not have to worry about this sorta stuff?

I paced around the hallway in front of Destery's room. I can't go in there without knowing that this financial stuff is going to be paid for.

Maybe we should sue this guy. Maybe we should get a loan. Maybe we should... OH YEAH!

I had money put aside for school. I could take around 1500$ out of it and Nathan can help with the rest. Thank god I'm smart with my money.

How am I going to replace that money though? I need a job pronto.

I grabbed my bag and rushed to washroom to clean up. I need a job right now. Maybe I could apply at a nearby bookstore. I do like reading and I'll be quite helpful because I am organized.

I washed my face and fixed my hair. I took one more glance at the mirror before nodding and walking straight out of the hospital.

Nathan's too busy helping Des eat and watching over him to make sure he doesn't die.

I looked around and decided to start walking left. Why do I always have these horrible occurrences in my life? I mean I'm just an orphaned girl who's stuck with a horrible fate, thanks life.

I put my hands in my pockets because they were still wet and there was a cold breeze that flew right past me. It's the middle of December, ugh. Why you get colder Florida?!

I usually love the winter because of the school breaks and the holidays but it's not so jolly now.

I was looking at the name of the stores when I passed by a certain one by the name of 'Rock & Rise Records'. I guess I was aiming for bookstore but a record store is good enough. I hope their hiring.

I walked in and I heard a song being softly sung in the background. Not so rock record store I guess. Well everyone does have that soft spot for the ukulele, no matter how hardcore you are.

I walked up to the cash register and saw a 20+ boy enveloped in a comic. Wait....

"Is that the new Batman comic?" I asked confused because the release date wasn't until next week.

"Yea" he said looking up quickly but then doing a double take once his eyes met mine.

"Did you need help finding a record or something?" He asked straightening his posture.

"The top 100 hits are over there if your wondering" he said quickly as soon as he saw my mouth open.

I chuckled at his assumption and just shook my head.

"I was just wondering if you guys have jobs available here?" I asked with a smile on my face.

He looked surprised and then confused "Yea we do, didn't you see the sign on the window?" He asked unsure.

"Oh I must of missed the sign I was just really intrigued by the stores name and the art outside" I replied surprised that I missed such a smart detail.

"Oh it's fine but yea we have shifts available in the afternoon from 12-8" he replied taking out a form and a pen.

"Oh and the pay is 25 per hour" he said quickly before calling someone from the back.

A petite women stepped out from the back wearing a summer dress.

"Yes Danny?" She asked the guy in the front, who's name is apparently Danny. Or maybe Daniel but Danny for short, I dunno....

"She wanted to work the afternoon shifts for the week" he said swivelling his chair to face her.

She clapped her hands excitedly "Yay! Now I can have someone to accompany me in the afternoon when Danny's gone" she said jumping up and down excitedly.

Damn she must be around her early 20s because she is so pretty and cutesy {I know that's not a word but oh well}. I bet her closet is full of Lolita clothing and she just decided to do some thing different for once.

"Okay come down Clare, the girl still hasn't made it official" Danny said rolling his eyes at her.

"Wait, you never told us your name" he said getting out of his chair and walking around the counter.

"I'm Raven" I said smiling at how friendly they were.

"Nice to know your name Raven. You seem like a pretty cool chick, it would be awesome if you worked here" he said putting his arm around Clare's shoulders.

I though I was tall but I'm only 5'11 and this dudes like 6 feet. DAMN.

"It seems like a pretty cool place I would love to work here. You guys are extremely friendly too" I said smiling.

"Well let's just do the paperwork and you can come in tomorrow since it is 3 already" Danny said turning to the desk to help me fill out the form.

After the paper work was done we exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes. Guess who's gonna be able to work and go to school.

My classes are in the morning because I like do things in the afternoon like live a life ya know?

I was walking back to the apartment not sure what to do with my career now.

I was taking law and business classes but I'm not sure if I want to do that now.

I want to be in the fine arts. Do art, music or even dance. I mean I do know French and I used to do Ballet until I graduated from highschool.

I still have my ballet shoes, maybe I should continue practicing? I'll just do it as recreational, although it's been a couple of months I'm sure I'm fine.

There's also music and art to think about. I'm a good artist I must say so myself but I don't see me pursuing it as a career. Maybe music?

I do love music and I always dreamed of being a rockstar. I'm just going to stick to law and business because I don't think I'll be able to be a rockstar.

I'm just not fit to be one, I'm going to go with law and business and be a bank teller or something.

I opened the lobby's doors as I walked inside the building. The house is going to be so lonely with Des and Nate.

I want to go back to the hospital but I'll just have Nate text me replies. I need to set up the financial stuff and I'll be fine.

It'll all be okay.