13

Published : 20200706

Edited : 20210201

Word count : 0,9k

-----

Y/N's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I noticed that no one was guarding me.

"Yes! Finally," I thought to myself.

I then scanned the whole room and noticed a book on the bedside table. Oh my God! I reached for the book and read the title "The Great Gatsby." "Ugh.. finally. Something for me to do."

I then opened the first page to see a yellow sticky note saying, "Hope u like it. -LJH"

My eyes then begin to read, word after word, and sentences after sentences. And I guess, all that I can think about was happiness.

I know that it would sound pretty tacky to feel euphoric about getting a random book, but at least I have something to do now. I have something to distract my whole mind from thinking about Wonho oppa's well-being. I'm sure he's out there, being worried sick about me. But, at least now, my mind has somewhere else to be.

Hwasa's POV

Solar unnie and I finally found somewhere to use for the whole investigation thing. I was walking around the building, checking in on how everything was going down at the lab until I passed by this meeting room that I don't remember so much using before. And so, I told her that I found a place and today, we're finally setting up the place.

I sat on one of the empty chairs while waiting for Solar unnie. She said she's gonna pick some files up on the way here. A few minutes later, the door opens up to reveal Solar unnie walking in with a guy following behind her. Both of their hands are carrying either a box or a stack of papers. She then greeted me cheerfully, "Hi!!"

"Hi," I said, giving her a confused look. Maybe she's just excited to start this but it still doesn't explain the guy.

"And who's this?"I managed to ask.

"Oh, hi! People call me Bambam," he said to me.

I then said, "Okay.. unnie, can I talk to you outside?"

We both then walked outside and closed the door.

"Before you said anything. He's an intern and he'll help us with stuff. He'll do pretty much everything we told him to.

"Like a coffee bitch?"

"Yeah, like a coffee bitch."

"But more. Like, he'll be a great help. More than just coffee. So, do we let him in or not?" she blurts out everything.

"Uh.. okay. But, how much have you told him?" I asked.

She then answered me, "All he knows is that we're investigating this guy who's potentially a part of the mafia world."

I then thought about it for a while and said, "Okay. Okay, fine."

We then went inside the room and started investigating and building the case while Bambam stands on the side and learns things.

Jooheon's POV

I leaned on the door frame as I silently watched her read. No one's guarding her and she's as free as a bird. She could literally try to escape right now. Even though Jungkook or Suga hyung would catch her downstairs. But, it really looks like her mind is so invested in the book.

I then decided to stop acting like a creep and say, "Hey."

I walked in to approach the vacant seat beside her bed. She lifted her head and said, "Oh, hey."

I sat down and asked, "Do you like it? I didn't really know your preferences so I just-"

"It's great, Joo. Thanks," she said.

My inner self smiled at the nickname she gave me but I really tried to put a calm expression on my face. I then say to her, "Well, I'm glad you like it. Anyways, now that I've thought about it, you should be calling me oppa, you know. I'm 2 years older than you. You're just a few months after Changkyun."

"Keep dreaming."

She then asked, "Wait, how do you-"

"Clearly, I read my files. I don't want to kidnap the wrong girl. That'd totally be a stupid mistake and blow everything up," I answered.

I then glanced at my watch and realized that it's almost time for the second transaction. The buyer actually confirmed.

I stood up and said, "Well, I'm gonna have to go. I'll be back later. Do you want me to smuggle anything in later for you when I come back?"

She stayed silent for a second and then answered, "How about a McSpicy?"

I laughed at her request and said, "Sure, I'll try. Should I cuff one of your hands to the bed or should I just lock the door?"

She gave me a "Seriously dude?" look and said, "Just the door's fine. I know better than to escape with a broken brain. Besides, I have my company right here." She then pointed at the book.

I chuckled, "Okay, I'll leave Vernon outside, just in case anything happens, okay?"

"Okay," she replied.

"I'll be back in a few hours," I said as I walked out.

She then said, "Okay," as she opened her book and started reading again. I walked out and locked the door. I gave the keys to Vernon and said, "Guard her, okay? I'll be back in a few."

He simply nods and takes a seat near the door. And with that, I walked out from the hospital building and took off.