Track 10: My Dead Gay Son

Both boys looked up at the unexpected guest. Hyunjin was well aware of the compromising position he and Seungmin were in, but he was too panicked to move. He stared at his brother who stood motionless in the doorway, frantically searching for something to say.

His best solution was to grab the script off his nightstand and hold it up. "We're just rehearsing," he panted.

"Uh-huh," his brother deadpanned, "I'm sure you are. Because every rehearsal requires you two to be shirtless and making out, right? That's totally reasonable for a play." He rolled his eyes and refocused his attention to Seungmin. "If you two are gonna fuck, do it at your house. Hyunjin, if I hear one sound from this room I'm calling dad, and you'll be grounded for months."

Seungmin shakily climbed off of Hyunjin. He picked up his things almost silently and began to rush away, but Hyunjin stopped him. "I messed up your shirt," he whispered. "You can wear one of mine home, okay?"

Seungmin nodded and coyly pulled his shirt closer around himself, knowing it would never button properly again. Hyunjin handed Seungmin a faded blue t-shirt and muttered an apology.

"I'll get you a new shirt," he promised, "And I'll try to explain this situation to Jinyoung later tonight." The younger raised an eyebrow, so Hyunjin continued, "My brother. He's not normally this rude, I swear. I'm sorry if he made you uncomfortable or anything."

As he removed his ruined shirt and replaced it with the one Hyunjin gave him, Seungmin stayed silent. He couldn't figure out what to say. Should he thank Hyunjin for not freaking out when his brother arrived? No, that might be weird. Should he apologise for putting Hyunjin in a situation in which he looked so guilty? No, that would definitely be weird. So he settled for, "Don't even worry about it. Thanks for letting me borrow your shirt; I'll wash it and bring it back to you later this week."

Hyunjin smiled and said, "No, keep it. This is a good colour for you, and you look super cute wearing my clothes."

"I, uh... should go home now," Seungmin stammered. He wasn't used to Hyunjin being so nice to him, and it really caught him off guard.

Normally Hyunjin was kind of an asshole. But now he was so soft and sweet. It made Seungmin nervous.

~

published july 1