Track 20: Seventeen (Reprise)

aight ima forget if i don't write this down this is the performance hyunjin's parents attend i think i want them to be supportive we'll see

Hyunjin was grateful that the stage lights were too bright for him to see the audience. Even when the lights went down to prepare for 'Dead Girl Walking', he couldn't see. He climbed onto his platform and awaited his cue.

"The demon queen of high school has decreed it. She says Monday, 8am, I'll be deleted." Seungmin's voice was clear and confident. Hyunjin tried not to smile, proud of the other boy. "Here's an option that I like: spend these 30 hours getting freaky. I need it hard, I'm a dead girl walking. I'm in your yard, I'm a dead girl walking. Before they punch my clock, I'm snapping off your window lock. Got no time to knock, I'm a dead girl walking."

Hyunjin pretended to wake up as Seungmin entered his room. "Veronica," he said, voice groggy. "What are you doing in my room?" The younger shushed him and continued singing.

"Sorry, but I really had to wake you. See, I've decided I must ride you till I break you," he sang, fighting back a cheeky grin. "'Cause Heather says I gots to go. You're my last meal on death row. Shut your mouth and lose them tighty whities. Come on!" He approached Hyunjin slowly and seductively, perfectly in character. "Tonight I'm yours, I'm your dead girl walking. Get on all fours, kiss this dead girl walking." He shoved Hyunjin to his knees, and Hyunjin trailed his hands up Seungmin's thighs to rest on his hips beneath his skirt.

Really, it was fortunate that Hyunjin's crush had been cast as his love interest. He allowed himself to get lost in the feeling of kissing Seungmin and the younger boy grinding on him. Had it been anyone else, Hyunjin would be afraid of what his family was thinking of him. But with Seungmin, his worries disappeared beyond the boy's plush lips. The scene ended perfectly, and the audience roared as the lights dimmed.

The number being over was a huge relief for the two leads. It was the most risqué number in the show, and they'd performed it perfectly. After this, they were guaranteed smooth sailing for the rest of the show.

During 'Seventeen', Hyunjin and Seungmin performed the song better than ever before. They really appeared to be two teenagers hopelessly head over heels for each other. Unbeknownst to the audience, they really were. The sweetness of the song brought a few people in the audience to tears, and as the song ended Hyunjin pulled Seungmin into a gentle kiss, despite a kiss not being scripted. He didn't pull away until the stage had gone dark.

Finally, the show was nearing its end. 'I am Damaged' was a powerful number, and the audience was on the edge of their seats as the emotional scene played out before them.

"I am damaged, far too damaged. But you're not beyond repair." Hyunjin's voice quivered as he sang, highlighting the tension JD was experiencing in the scene, clutching the bomb in both hands. He shooed Seungmin away slightly as he sang, "Please stand back now. Little further. Don't know what this thing will do. Hope you miss me, wish you'd kiss me, then you'd know I worship you. I'll trade my life for yours. And once I disappear, clean up the mess down here." Seungmin froze and made eye contact with Hyunjin.

"Say hi to God," he sang. Instantly, a loud sound effect played and the lights abruptly went out. Once more, a few people were crying in the audience at the severity of JD's death scene.

The whole cast (sans the dead characters) gathered onstage for the finale. They sang their hearts out, a beautiful performance in which Veronica and Martha's friendship began to be repaired after all the damage it had taken since Veronica befriended the Heathers.

The song ended, and the audience applauded furiously, cheering and whistling.

~

published july 9

i'm a dumb bitch there's actually one more
yall want that one too?