Finale: Curtain Call

uwu epilogue boyfriends thank you for reading final word count yeet

As Seungmin and Hyunjin waited in the wings for curtain call, Seungmin stood on his toes to kiss Hyunjin again. He wrapped his arms around the boy's neck and kissed him passionately in the dark. Hyunjin pulled away first and bit his lip nervously.

"Listen, I know this is sudden, and I know you hated me until recently, but I need to ask you before I psych myself out and don't have the courage to do it. If I don't do it now, I don't know if I'll ever be able to. Seungmin, will you be my boyfriend?" Hyunjin blurted out. Seungmin nodded and pulled his now boyfriend in for another kiss. He'd never get tired of kissing Hyunjin, but he knew he'd have to pull away soon because they concluded the bows and would need to be onstage in a few seconds.

They ran out onstage together, smiling brightly under the lights. They bowed together, and Hyunjin grabbed Seungmin by the waist, kissing him and spinning around as he did so. The audience roared at the sight, proud of how well the two leads had performed. The cast praised their director and crew before the lights went out again and everyone began shuffling out of the auditorium. Once Hyunjin and Seungmin had changed out of their costumes, they walked out to the lobby holding hands, in search of Hyunjin's family.

It only took a few minutes to find them, and Hyunjin held Seungmin's hand tighter as they approached the Hwang family. He scanned his parents' faces, unable to read their expressions. After a minute or so, his mother smiled and hugged her son.

"Good job, Hyunjin," she praised, "You're a very talented performer." Hyunjin smiled and fought back joyful tears.

His father wasn't really one for emotions, so he forced a smile and clapped a hand over his son's shoulder. "Proud of you, son."

Jinyoung was last. He punched Hyunjin in the arm and shouted incoherently as he and his brother wrestled a bit. "And you," Jinyoung said, pointing at Seungmin, "You're one hell of a performer, kid." Seungmin thanked him shyly. "You know, Hyunjin, I think I was right about this guy liking you, because I looked this show up and I know you two kissed far more than you should've– at least, according to the script."

"Actually..." Hyunjin squeezed Seungmin's hand reassuringly. "We're dating."

His mother pulled Seungmin into a bone-crushing hug. "You were fantastic."

For once, Seungmin didn't mind that his parents hadn't attended his performance. He felt fine in Hyunjin's presence. He felt appreciated and loved. And he couldn't ask for more.

~

published july 9

end

final word count: 11,300
thank you for reading!