Track 11: Seventeen

Seungmin shoved Felix off the bed and threw a slipper at him. "Shut up!" He screeched, "You're making a big deal out of nothing!"

"No fucking way," Felix screamed equally loudly. "You said he was nice to you! You said he's a good kisser. Are you starting to like Mr. Hwang Hyunjin?" He climbed back up onto the bed and wiggled his eyebrows at his best friend.

Seungmin rolled his eyes. "He was nice to me once, okay? He gave me his shirt because he ripped mine. It was basic courtesy, which I guess is impressive for him anyway. And whatever, he's a good kisser. No big deal. I still hate his guts, but I'll admit that kissing him onstage is kind of really nice," he confessed, "But if you repeat that to anyone, I will strangle you to death with your stupid red scrunchie."

Felix's face contorted into a mischievous grin as he leapt forward and tackled Seungmin. "You said he's impressive! Our little Minnie is living the enemies to lovers AU that we all aspire to have!" He wiped a fake tear. "I feel like a proud mother."

Once more, he was hit in the face with a slipper. The younger sat glaring, irked by Felix's suggestion of him liking Hyunjin. Of course not. Seungmin and Hyunjin had hated each other since middle school; did Felix expect that to change just because they had to pretend to like each other for the show?

"Not that anything happened or will ever happen," Seungmin droned, "But Hyunjin's brother already hates me, so maybe it's a sign from the universe to you saying, 'Hey, idiot, get over these stupid ideas your fanfic-reading ass always has'. Does that sound about right? Literally every sign is saying it wouldn't work. Most importantly, that we hate each other."

The Australian narrowed his eyes. "I don't think Hyunjin hates you, and I don't think you hate him, either. I think you're just a wimp and you get insecure when attractive people are around. But why does his brother hate you?"

Seungmin buried his face in a pillow. "Never call Hyunjin attractive again, please. Hyunjin is the worst! And his brother sucks, too. He walked in on us rehearsing 'Dead Girl Walking' and got all pissy," he explained. He shoved his face even further into the fluffy feather pillow in hopes that it would muffle his next statement. "And he said if we're going to fuck, to do it here because he'd get Hyunjin in trouble otherwise."

Felix fell off the bed and held up a cross with his fingers. "You're telling me we were sitting on your throne of sin?! I hope you super-cleaned your whole bed before you let me sit there. Why was I never informed that Hyunjin was here, and more importantly why was I never informed that you two hooked up?"

"Because he's never been here and we've never hooked up," Seungmin answered simply.
"I find that incredibly hard to believe." Felix dramatically climbed back onto Seungmin's bed and flopped onto the mattress. "I mean, have you seen how that man looks at you? Holy shit, dude, if someone looked at me that way—"

Seungmin interrupted. "Once again, I'm not interested in hearing your weird sexual fantasies about Hyunjin," he scolded.

Felix crawled toward his best friend and propped himself up on his elbows. "But I'm interested in hearing yours."

"Change the topic immediately or you die."

~

published july 2