The Angels of Carrigan Castle: Chapter 20

**I quite honestly just want this book done and out of the way for two reasons: one i want to start editing and sending it to friends for feedback. i want to tweak and send it to publishers. two i really want to start the next book! with that being said, the next three or four chapters should be out in the next week...they start off awkward but once i get going, i get going**

                Eleanor was lounging on the now dry and flowing grass by the small lake beside the castle. It had been months since she was outside for long periods of time, the winds off the dark waters and the cold temperatures made coming outside in the harsh winters unbearable.

                Leaning back, she closed her eyes and let her skin soak up the little sun peaking through the clouds.  The rays felt warm and lovely against her horribly pale skin, normally by this time of the year she would have gone on vacation to a tropical island, a tan to last her to the summer where she goes to Florida where a couple of weeks to renew it before heading back to New York.

                It had been a while since she had thought about New York, her life was much more normal back in the States.  On a Saturday she would go to the gym, meet some friends for lunch, go shopping then head home to make something for dinner, maybe catching a movie with someone later that night or going to a show on Broadway.

                Eleanor suddenly felt a longing to go out, when all she did was go out she missed her sweat pants and old baggy t-shirts she could roam around her house in. She loved the castle, and she love spending time with Sloan, but sometimes a girl needed to go out, go shopping and spend time away from her man. Hell maybe she should join a gym in the town to meet some new people, how dangerous could reasonably sized town in Scotland be?

                Eleanor headed back to the castle, joining a gym might have been a good idea, going up the hills was causing her to feel short of breath, she had had a very, very lazy winter. On her way through the kitchen she stopped by the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water, if the small hills were deadly the hundreds of stairs she had to climb were going to be worse.

                  With all the time she had to get to her room, she began thinking of ways to tell Sloan she wanted to spend more time outside the castle. He would of course let her, she was not asking him she was telling him she was going to, he would just want her to take one of the others with her when she left the house.

                She could probably spend time with Bane, she thought he seemed like the type who may enjoy looking around the new World. Hell it could also be a learning experience for him, about money, life, entertainment. Britannia may not be too bad either, except that she was a bit of a bitch and Eleanor could not see her as a “girls night out” kind of person.

                Keon she felt was more of a guys guy, and the thought of spending time with Vaden just freaked her right out. Sloan had said he was a nice guy, once you got to know him, but she could not get past the demonic markings on his skin.

                Stepping onto the third floor she sighed and headed to another stairwell, why the main staircase didn’t go all the way up to the top floor escaped her. She also wondered why none of the previous owners put in an elevator.

                “Sloan!” She yelled at she got to the fourth floor, out of breath and sweating, “We are putting in an elevator!” Without a reply, she sprinted up the last set of stairs, she heard voices coming from news broadcasts from around the world that Sloan was watching. “Did you hear me?” She asked walking into the bedroom, he was where she left him in the morning, sitting in front of the computers.