Chapter Five

Sirius:

And so the pranking begins! The Weasley twins and Lee Jordan are bloody awesome! They could give us a run for our money!

We've sorted ourselves into different aspects of pranking. There is much more to pranking than what meets your eye you see. You have to come up with ideas, find loopholes in school rules so that you don't get expelled, set up the prank and find ways that things could go wrong and prevent that from happening.
Prongs and George are the prank planners - they come up with the ideas. Moony works out the loopholes so we can do big, big pranks but not get into too much trouble! I swear that's what annoys Minnie the most - we can wreak havoc but avoid detention! Mwahaha! (Evil laugh hehe). Wormtail tries but he really doesn't do much when it comes to pranks. He usually just acts as a lookout and thinks of things that could go wrong so that they can be avoided. It is useful but I think he also wishes that he could do more.

I, on the other hand, work with Fred and Lee to actually set up the prank. Oh I can't wait to see the look on Minnie's face tomorrow at breakfast. It will be classic! This prank will go down in Marauders and Hogwarts History as one of the best pranks ever! We haven't actually told the Weasley twins and Lee about the Marauders Map or anything - it has only been a night! We've also been careful not to use our nicknames in front of anyone, you know, in case they found the map and recognize the names. We've had a couple of slip ups so far though. I mean, you CANNOT actually expect me to refer to Moony as Remus and Prongs as James! Who do you think I am? I and Sirius Orion Black III, and I struggle to refer to my mates by their actual names. There, I said it! Don't be judgy! Ok, back to the pranking...

Right now we're walking down to the Great Hall for breakfast (well, we made sure to stop at the kitchens to actually get some food - I'm not sure how much food we'll be eating this morning!).

As we strut in I look at my watch. Ah, right on time. "It's 8:05 am - go time!", I whisper - shout to the boys, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1....let's go!". I shouted the last part for dramatic effect. You're welcome.

The tables slowly started lifting in the air, starting with the Slytherin table, then the Hufflepuff table, then the Ravenclaw table, and finally the Gryffindor table. Me and Prongs, no - James, started sprinting over to the Gryffindor table. Was I going to miss an opportunity to eat my breakfast upside down on the ceiling? Of course not! I saw Moony roll his eyes at us when we jumped on to the table as it began to lift. It was such a weird feeling, lifting up from the ground. But a good weird! I laughed as I saw the Hufflepuff table turn upside down on the ceiling and stop and a pair of boys, realising that the food wasn't going to fall, began to eat! Just as I was going to point this out to James, (not Prongs - see I'm getting better), we suddenly flipped upside down.
It.
Was.
Amazing!
I saw the Wesley twins being given looks as the few students who weren't hanging from the ceiling came in to the scene of chaos in the Great Hall. They really were the resident prankers at Hogwarts. The only person I saw giving us (the Marauders) a disapproving look was Minnie, but she loves us really. Dumbledore began bringing the tables down - what a spoilsport! When we reached the ground, Minnie immediately started shouting at us; "What were you thinking?!"...."So stupid!"...."DETENTION!". Here comes Moon... - no Remus' part, "Professor McGonagall", he began, " According to rule 145 in the Hogwarts Handbook, tables are not allowed to be suspended the right way up. We suspended ours upside down. Also, according to rule 347, tables are not allowed to be upside down on the ground and, as you could see, ours were suspended from the ceiling. Therefore, you cannot give us detention as we have not broken any rules.". As he said this, many of the students looked at him in awe, and Remus gave a little bow. Minnie turned purple. It was literally impossible to not laugh. I accidentally made eye contact with Prongs and both of us just burst out laughing. Yes, yes, I know! I called him Prongs!
But - I.
Give.
Up.
I will call him whatever I damn well please!
I looked over and saw Evans give us a look that quite simply said 'run before I murder you!'. As Minnie turned back around, I took my chance and made a run for it. All of the boys followed. As soon as we were far enough away, and by that I mean up the Astronomy tower, we all burst into peals of laughter! We were literally crying! That was one of the funniest things I have seen in my 15, almost 16 years of living!

*Gasp* I just realised! I'll probable have to spend my sixteenth birthday in a different time period! That's crazy! My birthday is November 3rd, by the way. I'm a Scorpio apparently, but I don't really know what that means. Ah well!

After recovering from our laughing fit, me and the boys have a look at our timetables.
Sirius Black Timetable:

9 a.m - Double Transfiguration
11 a.m - Muggle Studies
12 p.m - Defence Against the Dark Arts
1 p.m - Lunch
2 p.m - Double Potions

Dinner is served from 5 p.m to 7 p.m.

"We have Double Transfiguration with Minnie first thing!" I groaned, "And Double Potions this afternoon with SNAPE! SNAPE of all people! Are you shitting me!". I was almost in tears looking at this timetable. What.
The.
Fuck.
At least Prongs and Wormtail are in all of my classes. Moony is taking Ancient Runes instead of Muggle Studies, but other than that our timetables are identical.
The twins and Lee Jordan are taking the same subjects as Moony, so we have similar classes as well. I breathe a sigh of relief. At least I don't have to face Snivellous alone. Good grief, that would be AWFUL!!

"We should probably start heading to class." says Moony. I roll my eyes. Once a prefect, always a prefect. We slowly start heading down the stairs back to the hustle and bustle of the main school. We arrived on time for Transfiguration which, I must say, is a first. Oh no, Minnie does not look happy!

Fingers crossed she won't kill us. Help!