CHAPTER 10 - WINTER

CHAPTER 10

WINTER

At the cold winter during Christmas, Seymour stood by the grave of his parents. 

With his hands clasped together and with his eyes closed, he prayed for them after offering them flowers and food. After that, he fixed his scarf and wrapped it warmly around his neck. Sa gilid niya ay si Ambrose na nakatingin lang din sa libingan na balot ng snow.

"Merry Christmas, Ambrose." Seymour told him.

Ambrose turned to him and held his hands. "Merry Christmas, Seymour."

Dahan dahan na isinuot ni Ambrose ang gloves ni Seymour sa kaniya at nilock iyon. He then put his hands down and put his bonnet on like a kid. Seymour can't help but to laugh for a moment.

"What are you, my mom?" Seymour commented.

Ambrose chuckled a bit. "Your parents has to see that I'm taking care of you very well."

He sent the twins back to their families for this night, and for the first time, Seymour and Ambrose will be returning to the Rothschild Residence to celebrate the Christmas with the Don's ashes on the private room.

Seymour has been relaying orders to the assistant and that took most of his time. Managing the family and the gang has been a habit of him, in addition, the non-stop call for him as the next leader of the Red Dragons.

And after months, tomorrow will be the first time that they will have to meet again with Miles regarding the plan since Adalbert has been continuously making a move while they are busy with different matters.

ROTHSCHILD RESIDENCE, 3:45

It was almost morning when they went back to the residence, but despite arriving that late. The guards on duty still greeted them and guided them inside. Pagkababa ni Seymour sa sasakyan ay nakita niya agad ang assistant na lumapit sa kaniya.

"Merry Christmas, Don Seymour." Achi greeted him.

Seymour pulled off his scarf. "Merry Christmas, four eyes. Why are you still up?"

"I was notified with your arrival, it's not like you're here everyday. Do you want something to eat?" He asked.

Seymour chuckled and pat Achi's shoulder. "I'm fine, go back to sleep. I'll talk to you later."

Hinayaan na rin niya si Ambrose na makapagpahinga para sa gabing ito at dumiretso na siya sa kaniyang kwarto. Sa gilid ay napansin niya ang kandila sa harapan ng litrato ng kaniyang mga magulang. Ngumiti siya at huminto roon.

"You like Achi too, huh?" He murmured. "He's pretty reliable and trustworthy."

Sa likod ng litrato ng mga magulang ni Seymour at ng litrato niya noong bata pa siya kasama ang mga magulang ay ang litrato niya kasama ang kambal at Ambrose na natutulog sa garden pagkatapos nilang maglaro at pagkatapos bantayan ni Seymour.

Napangiti siya habang tinitingnan ang litratong iyon. 

"Sey, didn't you have classes today?" The young Kean asked.

It was during those weeks of summer where the twins are allowed to stay at the residence to accompany Seymour. Strangely, Don Steele has a soft spot to the kids gatherings.

The young Seymour giggled. "I don't have!"

"Heh, you're lying!" Winter exclaimed. "Go back, Sey. You'll be in trouble with the Don if he finds out."

"Nah." Seymour groaned. "It's just tiring. I don't get why I have to do that! I just want to play and play and play.."

"Go back, Seymour." Winter sighed. "We'll play with you after your lessons."