CHAPTER 15 - DUXBURY

CHAPTER 15

DUXBURY

Maagang ginising ni Noah si Seymour dahil sa napagusapan nila na pagsama ni Seymour sa pagkuha ng lambat sa harbor. The sun wasn't even up yet and they're already outside. Despite the cold season, seems like the fishermen isn't toning down.

Malamig ang hangin kaya pinahiram ni Noah si Seymour ng scarf para sa lamig.

"Oi, is this Lucas now?!" An old man asked Noah.

Seymour lightly bowed at the old man.

Noah chuckled as he readies the boat. "No, Pablo. Lucas is still a baby. This is a son of my brother in the city. He decided to stay here for a while. Go on greet old Pablo."

Nagkatinginan pa si Seymour at Noah ngunit nginitian nalang siya nito at tila sinasabi na sakyan nalang ang sinasabi niya. Hindi maiwasan ni Seymour na kabahan sa ginagawa niya at sinimulan niyang pag papanggap.

"Oh, that brother? He rarely comes home, huh?" 

"I'm Easton Walsh. It's nice to meet you Pablo." Seymour said.

The old man tilted his head. "You're not using Norwood?"

Seymour quickly realized that but thankfully Noah was quick to react. "Oh, it's a family problem. My brother's a bit ass so Easton's using his mother's family name."

"Y-Yes.." Seymour nodded.

Pablo nodded. "Alright then. Have a safe trip!"

Sumakay na si Seymour sa bangka at nang paandarin iyon ni Noah sa madalim na harbor at ang tanging ilaw lang ay ang mula sa light house at sa flashlight ni Noah. Seymour can't help but to feel nervous with the dark water around but his excitement are taking it over.

This is his first time.

"Say, Easton. Do you have your own family out there?" Noah asked. "I-It's okay if you don't want to answer!"

Seymour chuckled. "It's fine, Noah. Besides, this is the only thing I could do for your family's help. Thought, I can't really say everything yet."

"Alright." Noah chuckled as he maintained the course of the boat.

Seymour looked at the moon. "My parents are dead and I'm an only child."

"Sorry about that!" Noah frowned.

Seymour shook his head. "It's fine, but I enjoyed my time with my parents though I'm still begging for more that's why I was shock when I woke up back there."

"So you were expecting that you'd die already?" He asked.

Seymour nodded. "But it seems like the waters does not want my body so it threw me out and now I'm here."

Sandaling natahimik si Noah na tila may naalala.

"Have you heard about the myth of the sand dunes at Cape Cod and that which escalated to the whole sea surrounding Duxbury and Cape Cod?" Noah asked all of a sudden.

Seymour is still sensitive with the discussion that concerns Cape Cod or the cliffs around it. It seems like his fall off weren't witnessed by anyone at the middle of snow fall so no one knew it except those who are involve.

But he is still wary with every information.

"Not yet. What about that myth?" Seymour asked.

Noah glanced at him. "There was a group of voyager from hundreds of years ago who sailed all the sea and decided to settle down in Cape Cod. It was said that the sea before were never wild like some times. The sea was very calm as they strode with their ship. Just before they reach Cape Cod, they were struck by a storm and one of they voyager's baby fell off the ship. The baby drowned and said that the body was found buried in the sand on Cape Cod. Some said that the baby's parents died with resentment to Cape Cod, so their soul resided with the sea and since that day the ocean became mad and wild. It was the first time that the sailors have come to hate their own home which is the sea from taking a life from them."