CHAPTER 16 - SO IT CONTINUES,

CHAPTER 16

SO IT CONTINUES,

Nang umandar na ang truck ay tumahimik na ang dalawa. Seymour was not informed about this and forced to come with the mischievous child and ended up in the truck Noah and one of his men is riding. They came with him, though they are surrounded by fishes.

"Do you always do this?" Seymour murmured.

Lucas giggled. "Yes. Don't worry. I know a good spot in the market where we can stay for a while."

Seymour had no choice but to sway with the wave Lucas is emitting. His curiousity and excitement with their sneaking has made him trust the kid's judgement as he watch the road outside the clothe that is covering the back of the truck.

At least for now. He thought.

When they entered a noisy place where Seymour thought is the market already, Lucas dragged him immediately outside the truck as to avoid his father finding out that they came with him. Sumunod lang si Seymour sa bata at tumakbo na palayo.

The public market is  busy and crowded, as they hid behind an alley and checked the truck for one last time. Seymour and Lucas laughed at each other.

"You crazy kid!" Seymour said.

"You're crazy too! Considering you who tolerated me." Lucas grinned. "It won't take them long. Max 30 mins and they'll go back to the harbor. We need to be back before half an hour so we can sneak back again."

"So where are we going?" Seymour asked.

Lucas shrugged. "We go sight seeing."

Habang abala sina Noah sa pagbababa ng mga isda na nahuli nila ay naglakad na si Seymour at Lucas sa public market. Habang nakabalot ang kanilang mga leeg ng scarf at ito ay nagsilbi bilang disguise na rin nila.

Huminto silang dalawa sa isang tindahan kung saan may mga nagtitinda ng mga prutas.

"Do you want one?" Seymour asked Lucas.

Lucas glanced up at him. "Do you have money?"

Seymour chuckled as he pulled out a dollar. "Your father is quite the generous one. I helped him with his nets so he gave me some."

"Apples!" Lucas said.

Nag angat ng tingin si Seymour sa tindero ng mga prutas habang hawak ang dalawang mansanas na bibilhin niya. The bearded vendor with a dark glasses stared at him as if saw something that reminds him of something. 

Seymour tilted his head. "Uhm, I'll buy this two."

The vendor cleared his throat. "Sure. That would be a dollar."

Seymour was still confused about the actions of the vendor. Though, it is already a question on why is he wearing a glasses even if he's covered and the sun is not even that terrible. Seymour just shrugged it off as he handed the apple to the excited Lucas.

Naglakad muli sila habang kinakain ang mansanas at nakakihalubilo sa dami ng tao.

The crowd is enough to keep him hidden as he mingles with it. But there are still plenty of doubts especially that all of them are wearing padded clothes and their faces are covered with their scarfs.

It's still possible.

Seymour shook his head, no, I shouldn't be thinking about it even for a while.

Seymour glanced at the convenience store at the side with the newspaper stand. He fixed his scarf as to cover half of his face properly.

"Lucas, I'll just check something over there. I'll be back." Seymour said.