CHAPTER 26 - THE PROMISES

CHAPTER 26

THE PROMISES

"Ow." Winter groaned after Seymour threw him down the couch as they all get ready for dinner.

Inilapag ni Ambrose ang pagkain sa lamesa habang si Kean ang naglagay ng mga plato sa paligid. Isang kaldero lang ng pagkain ang inihanda ni Ambrose para sa kanilang lahat. Ambrose removed his apron as he put it down.

"Can't you be a little more gentle?" Winter complained.

Seymour stretched his arm. "You're heavy, okay?"

"Then I wouldn't be like this if you weren't so barbaric earlier." Winter said.

Seymour admit that and he feel guilty but that's the least thing he would admit in front of them or verbally in any ways and anytime. Seymour sat on the couch as well but is meters away from Winter.

"Not my fault." Seymour murmured as he held his utensils.

Winter frowned. "Wow, just wow, Seymour! I was just doing it to prevent you from seeing it!"

"Like it does change something? Will I be able to escape this rubbish of a life if I don't see the news that time?" Seymour exclaimed, his voice is getting louder.

"No, but it wasn't the right time! We're planning to tell y--"

"ENOUGH!" 

Suddenly, Ambrose slammed his hands on the table that made them snap. Ambrose sighed as he loosened his polo as to calm himself as well. They all fell quiet even the innocent Kean who is quietly pouring water on one of the glasses.

Seymour and Winter gulped while watching and being cautious around Ambrose who seems like broke his line of patience.

"That's it. No dinner for all of you until Yuki and Seymour reconciles." Ambrose said as he picked up the food from the table.

Kean tried to stop him. "W-Wait, Ambrose. W-Where are you going to bring the food?"

"The captain and the staff." Ambrose answered.

"E-Even me is included..?" Kean asked as he smiled awkwardly.

Ambrose eyed him on the side. "Did I say that you're exempted?"

Pagkatapos umalis ni Ambrose ay tila nakawala silang lahat sa tali na nakabalot sa kanilang leeg. Kean felt his knees wobble as he fell down the couch while holding a spoon.

"M-My dinner." Kean murmured and glared at the two. "You two! Now I'm gonna die from starvation!"

"You won't die from it." Seymour murmured as he leaned his back on the couch, his stomach grumbling and he badly wants to run after Ambrose to apologize but he is scared.

Should I ask the captain to spare me some food? He thought.

"H-He called me Yuki." Winter whispered, still dumbfounded.

Kean groaned. "That's not the problem here!" 

"He called me Yuki! Yuki! That's my real name!" Winter yelled.

Kean pointed at him. "That's your problem?! If only you could cook!"

"Ask yourself if you could, you freeloader!" Seymour hissed at him as well.

"Coming from you?!" Kean laughed hysterically while pointing the spoon at Seymour. "Be thankful that you're an efficient leader, but you'll be a worthless house husband!!!"

"I can cook omelette!" Seymour defended.

"Hah, omelette? You'll feed your family omelette your whole life?!" Winter hissed.