CHAPTER 33 - SPRING

CHAPTER 33

SPRING

Ambrose barged inside the room while panting. He pulled his beret that revealed his neat and freshly cut hair. Unlike the days before, he is wearing neat and decent clothes right now as if he attended something formal.

Nang magtagpo ang mga mata nila ni Seymour ay nagtungo agad siya sa kama at niyakap si Seymour.

Seymour chuckled. "I'm being squished by everyone today."

"Dummy, I heard you stormed out this morning. Why did you do that? You're still recovering!" Ambrose exclaimed as he pulled away.

"W-Well, I wanted to see four eyes." Seymour chuckled.

Suddenly, a doctor walked inside their room.

"The patient just woke up after a month. If you would like, please refrain from crowding around him." The doctor said as he looked at Seymour. "It's good to see you, Sir Seymour. You've almost crossed the river of life and it's a miracle that you woke up today."

Seymour also thought about that. Despite his own will to die on the night that he fell from the cliff, he still woke up a week after and when he was shot, he woke up again alive and well as if the death is just tossing him back to this world.

"I'd say luck is really on my side." Seymour chuckled.

After that, the doctor checked Seymour's condition. Without talking about it, Seymour knew that they are all introduced to the basic aftermath of the drugs that almost took toll of his body and almost killed him.

Kalmadong huminga si Seymour habang nakadikit ang stethoscope sa kaniyang dibdib.

With this, Seymour is sure that the drugs is still inside his body. The discomfort still hasn't left his body despite the death of the core. Tila naririnig pa rin niya ang bulong ng boses na iyon at hindi niya makalimutan.

"Seymour, what's wrong? You're pale." Ambrose asked.

Tiningnan sila ni Seymour at hinawakan ang kaniyang mukha. "I-I don't?"

"Let's let him rest first." The doctor said. "We'll be supplying you vitamins so in no time you'll be fully recovered. And you, our dear Detective Lancelot, how many times should I tell you that extreme information might strain the patient's body?"

Hinawakan ng doktor ang kwelyo ni Detective Lancelot na natatawa pa.

"Okay, okay, sorry, Doctor." 

Nagpaalam na ang doktor at ang detective kay Seymour at saka lumabas muna ng kwarto para magusap. Naiwan ang kambal at si Ambrose sa loob ngunit hindi na sila ganoon pa lumapit kay Seymour.

"Can I sleep for now?" Seymour asked.

"Sure, sure. We'll wake you up this afternoon for your lunch." Winter said.

Nang humiga muli ay pumikit na si Seymour. Mabilis ang tibok ng puso niya dahil sa takot na baka makita niya ulit sa panaginip niya si Siege at ang ilang tao na ayaw niyang makitang muli.

But despite his expectation, he woke up with the twins arranging his lunch. They are all smiling as if nothing happened and to lighten the government. Ambrose were gently with everything as well.

Is it possible to live again after that? He thought.

Umupo siya sa hospital bed at tiningnan silang lahat.

"What?" Ambrose asked.

"Did Achim told you what happened inside the clinic?" Seymour asked.

They were all hesitant with the topic. As if they are all trying to avoid it all cost but it was no use. Running away isn't an option now. Seymour has done terrible things and this is just a minor for him. He should just face it.