Prologue

"Darling, why don't we go to my pad? I miss you already." Jim bit my exposed shoulder gently. Yes. I was wearing a tank top with mini skirts that displays my lethal assets.

I smiled. He was Jim, another politician's son. As I remember, he was my 30th boylet. Not boyfriend. What's the difference? Yeah right. I didn't consider him as my boyfriend because he was just one of those 'good on gossipsheet' thing-y.

"Jim... let's call it quits!" I shrugged his chin and tried to wriggle out of his embrace. He was surely handsome and very much angry. Me? Maybe I was the first ever woman who dumped him.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I rolled my eyes heavenward. Break up? Kelan ba naging tayo? I wanted to laugh while he was on the verge of spitting fire.

"I'm not."

"Then what do you think you're doing? If it's not breaking up then... then.." He's too handsome to be dumped. But yes I have to find boylet number 31. He already served his purpose.

"I'm not breaking up with you Darling Jimmy. I'm. Dumping. You."

I got out of his car. Let him wallow in his pride and misery, the hell I care. Camera flashes in on my face. I smiled sweetly and patted my hair. Maybe I could have been Paris Hilton's long lost twin sister. I saw one of them took Jim's snapshot while he looked so... defeated.

Tomorrow's a good day for another scandal. It didn't hurt me, but I think my family would be. Ohhh... Father's family.

I hate them. They're the old, conservative, rich and hypocrite people. Pharisee. Elite. No stain. No gossip. No scandal. No nothing. What about me? They kept on telling how good, how precious, how virtuous they are. Pano ko lumabas? Nakipagtitigan lang ba ang napakabuti kong tatay sa nanay ko?!

I called my driver and went home.

"Madre de Dios! Anong oras na Marie Claire! Hindi ka na nahiya! Where have you been at the middle of the night?" I rolled my eyes and raised my beautifully plucked eyebrow. Kung sasabihin ko ba kung san ako nagpalipas matutuwa kayo? Oras?

"Time? I think it's 3 in the morning." I popped a gum out of my prada handbag. I hate my name. Who the hell would have named Marie Claire? One irony of my life, they've named me after a model of virtue. Why didn't they just named me Scarlet instead?

"Shame on you. Look at the society pages! Sabi ko na nga ba hindi ka dapat kinuha ng ama mo mula sa ina mong..." I thumbed through the broadsheet.

"So? Is there something wrong with kissing?" She gasped. Well, kelan ba ko natanggap ng matandang ito na lola ko daw?

"I don't know what to do with you anymore young lady." She grasped the nearest chair and slumped on it.

"Mamita? Are you okay?" there came Laina. I chewed the gum more thoroughly. What a show.

"Marie Claire, what ... are you wearing? For God's sake! Your face is all over the society pages! Look at you.. you look like ... you .. slut." I heard the last word spoken silently. With venom. So what?

"Laina, I believe in the saying that 'if you got it, flaunt it'. Well, in your case, your clothes are enough for a teacher like you." I saw her face turned redder. Sabihin ko kaya kay Mamita na nakita kitang lumabas ng condo ng boyfriend mo? ano kayang iisipin nila sa napakalinis nilang apong si Laina?

"Pero hindi dapat ganyan ang asal mo. Ano na lang sasabihin ng mga tao. Our Dad is a senator, how can they respect us if your attitude is like that?"

"Look. I'm dead tired save your speech for tomorrow. Or should I say, later. My virtuous and religious virgin sister." I heard them gasped as I turned my back on them. Some were born to be a slut, in my case maybe I've been molded to be bitchy. Or perhaps it's in my hypocrite of a family's blood.

"I won't allow this anymore. If your father won't do something about it. I will!"

"What will you do Mamita?"

"Hello? Is this Protection Agency? Yes, I'd like to get someone with military backgrounds that can look over my granddaughter."

Yes. Mamita what will you do? You cannot stop me. Even if you summon the devil himself. I'll just conspire with him.