Chapter 8

Happy late Fourth of July!!!
Kinda forgot to say that on Fourth of July.
Anyways, lets get to this chapter shall we?

I slowly open my eyes to see no sun, but only rain. To be honest I am one of those people who like to sleep in the rain. The reason is because it's really calming. Anyways, it seems like I have to stay inside and eat the missing corpse of that beast I killed.

Wait.............

WHERE DID IT GO!?!?
I start looking around frantically to at least see if it moved from its spot, until my eyes landed onto a skeleton.

"Why me?" I said out loud to no one.

That's when I heard a small burp from the end of my cave which is pretty much behind me.

*Gulp*

I slowly and carefully turn around to see............

I look in awe and fear at how fast this baby monster ate that corpse overnight

I look in awe and fear at how fast this baby monster ate that corpse overnight. Well I'm guessing it ate it.

Wing baby: Daddy?

Am I high!? Or is there actually a baby calling me daddy. I'm too young for this. What would my parents say. Wait my parents don't care about me. I guess it was a good idea to fight that guy.

Anyways, I think of what I can do.

After a long time I decided to take care of it until it's parents find it. I decided to give her or him a name. It looks like a female so I'll name her something like........ Xen

Xen: Papa I'm hungwy

I'm to young for this, plus didn't she eat a entire corpse bigger than her body? Her stomach must be big.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask her.

Xen: I want bwig mwonster

That's is pretty cute. Not gonna lie but I don't want to fight for my life again. I really don't. I also need to eat too.

"How about some fruit instead?"

Xen: No, I want mwonster!!!

That is when I heard a loud roar that shook the ground.

Suddenly, a blue laser beam shot through the cave and it barely missed my horn.

"Oh no"

I quickly swipe up Xen and fly out of the cave, as it explodes. That was really close, and it is raining right now. While I'm flying, I have a conversation with Xen.

Xen: Daddy, w-w-what was t-t-that!?

I look at her to see her shaking in my hands or claws. She seems pretty scared, so I try to comfort her even though I met her a second ago.

"I will make sure nothing happens to you, ok?"

Xen: Ok d-d-daddy

She seems to be calming down.

Xen: Daddy? Who's that?

I look at what she's pointing at and see something terrifying.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.