Chapter 4

*Kate's P.O.V.

The next morning, when we woke up, I checked if Shirley was still sleeping, but she wasn't. I heard water, dripping, so I thought she was just inside the bathroom, so I just made sure by knocking on the bathroom door. "Yes," an answer came from inside the bathroom. "Faster, what's taking you so long," I joked. After all the joking, I checked my phone if it was done charging...100% , I also checked for the time...6:00. Oh,well, school still starts at 7:00 anyway. I got my clothes ready and took a bath after Shirley finished.

*****

I wore my clothes after I took a bath, and got ready with our class materials, and we rushed to our classroom.
Mr. Patterson came in, a few minutes after."Good morning, class," he said. The whole class replied with a good morning too. While Mr. Patterson was discussing our lessons, I wasn't listening to him, but I was listening to my thoughts like...

*****
How am I the daughter of a person who slayed a dragon? Why didn't Mom tell me about this? Do I really have to go to a training academy?
Life is full of surprises.

*****

"Ms. Thompson! Were you even listening to what I was saying?!" Mr. Patterson exclaimed. "I'm so sorry sir," I said." Just, don't do that again,
okay, and, listen to the discussion," he said with a firm voice.
***
Jeez, why does he have to be my teacher.
***
After the whole class discussion was OVER, I remembered that tomorrow was Lily's party. I reminded Shirley about it and I texted my mom about it and promised to be safe and keep the legend, a secret.

We went back to our dorm room, and did all of the necessary things that we needed to do. I grabbed my phone and texted Mom.

"HEY MOM, CAN YOU BRING THE BOOK TOMORROW AT LILY'S HOUSE?" I asked.
"SURE,SWEETIE," Mom replied.

After texting her, I just remembered that we can leave school during weekends, so I grabbed my purse, unplugged the charger, and placed my phone into the purse, then Shirley and I went back to our houses by riding a taxi.

*****

After the ride, we paid the driver and went into our houses.

When I went in my house, I saw my mom just sitting in the living room and watching television.
"Hi, Mom," I said. She was shocked that I was here. "I thought you were in your school dorm room, sleeping," she said. "No, Mom the school lets us get out of there during weekends," I replied. "Oh,really? Here's the book, sweetheart," she said, and handed the book over to me. "Thanks, Mom," I said. I rushed over to my room after our chat and charged my phone... 16%.
I continued reading the book while listening to "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift.

*****

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane...

*****

Then I fell asleep.

(Hey , guys ! Hope you liked it. If you do, please comment, vote, and follow me. Bye!)( So sorry if this was so short, I promise the next chapter will be longer than this. Also sorry for changing the title.)$$$