Chapter 15

*Kate's P.O.V.

I can't believe that we only have two more weeks to practice, I thought.

I wonder what we'll be doing after we get its tail. What would happen after we get the tail off? Will the dragon magically be surrounded by many sparkles and turn to human? Or will the thunder strike and hit it, and the dragon will turn back into the little brother of Lucinda. Sigh...I hope we could get the tail so it would be over with.

We got our weapons ready, and Brent drove us over to the other academies with a normal-looking car. When we got in, the driver (Brent) drove the car, and it felt like riding a spaceship to another planet. It's speed was so fast that I couldn't hold on to my seat. Anyways...we got to a place with a mansion-like structure, and later on, we went in. "Welcome to Bradenton Academy, where most of the students learn how to attack their enemies using mostly slingshots and catapults," Brent introduced. "Well, they could use some new improvements," I suggested sliding my finger on the statue beside the doors to the entrance. I dusted off the dirt from my fingers, as we went into the academy.

Well...as you can tell, we trained with other academies the whole day, and eventually was exhausted.

After the whole day of training ended, of course, we tested and ate dinner with the trainers. We met up with some new friends, and met some cool and awesome trainers. We slept as the night was still young, a and woke up feeling alive and kicking.

Another day of training camel, and we did the same routine as yesterday, but this time with another academy.

The days past with the very same routine, and finally...

This came to last until the day of slaying the tail came. It was weird that we only needed to cut off the tail. Most of the stories end up with the knights killing the dragon and slaying it's head. But this kind of slaying was a little easier to do and accomplish.

"Uh, guys. Change of plan. Kate, Shirley, Dave, an Christie, the four of you will slay the dragon together. I have seen the practice, and I want you to work as a team," Lucinda said. "Okay," the four of us said in unison. We giggled a little, and started getting ready.

A few hours past, and we were ready for the battle.

"Hey, you guys better get ready. Our little brother might smite you with his flaming hot breathe," Lucinda said seriously. "Oh, don't worry. We'll slice that tail off in a jippy ," I replied in an uncertain tone. "Stay safe!" Lucinda shouted as the four of us hopped into a jeep.

On the way to the mountain, we stopped by near a cave. "This must be the way to the dragon," I said gesturing my hand to signal them off the jeep. When we got in the cave, all we saw was some shrubs and bushes.

I signaled them to stop, for I heard some rustling near the shrubs. We stiffened. We were too scared to move. We just tip-toed to the other side of the cave.

(Hey, guys! So sorry for the super late update, and I hope you're having a good time reading this. I promise that this is almost done. As you can tell with the details, at least one to two more chapters before this ends. And I will also have a second book. Don't worry, cause I got my second book ready. And the other book will be a little longer so get ready. I hope you like, comment, and vote. XO Riczi. Bye!)