Chapter 12

*Shirley's P.O.V.

As I thought about the picture we saw there in the hallway, I saw a different face behind Flora and Lucinda. It kinda looked like a boy. It was blurry and I couldn't make it through the pict...
"Hello? Can you hear me Shirls?" I heard Kate say as I looked at her. "Yeah? What?" I said blinking out a couple of times. "Bye, guys," I heard Dave say as he carried Christie on his shoulder. "Oh, bye!" Kate said waving at them. "Hey, Kate. Is Christie okay?" I asked as Kate gave me a weird look. "Yeah, she's fine. For now," Kate said. "What was wrong with you?!" Kate asked, shouting at me. "What do you mean: what's wrong with me?" I said freaked out. "You were staring at me, like super weirdly," Kate said. "Sorry, I was thinking about the picture that Dave and I saw in the hallway," I explained. "Okay, I... Wait, what picture?" Kate asked in a concerned tone. "The one in the hallway, look I'll show you," I said, pulling Kate towards the picture.

When we got to the part of the hallway where the picture was, it wasn't there.
"Now, where was that picture you were talking about?" Kate asked. "I-I swear, it was right here. I saw it," I said trying to act like I'm not crazy. "You, my friend are as crazy as a hyena," Kate said looking concerned. "Look! I swear it was just here! Ugh! Maybe there's a trigger here somewhere... Let's see... Aha!" I said as I walked around to see if there was any kind of switch to show the picture. "See! I told you I'm not crazy, I told you!" I said making her head turn to the picture that had just appeared on the wall. "Wow! Who are these cute little girls in the picture?" Kate asked as she looked at it. "The blonde one is Flora and the light-brown haired one is Lucinda," I explained. "Yeah? Well who's the boy there behind the picture?" Kate asked looking towards me. "I don't know. Maybe Lucinda knows. She is the one in the picture," I said. "Let's go to madam Lucinda then. She actually might know who the boy is," Kate said pulling me with her.

*Kate's P.O.V.

We rushed to Lucinda's room, and asked her who the boy in the picture was. She said, "Let me tell you a story, but before anything else, please call Dave and Shirley to come to my room."

We went to their room and called them. After calling them, the four of us rushed to Lucinda's room and listened to her story. Lucinda got a laptop looking device and clicked on an icon. Later on as she told the story, images went on the screen. The device must have been voice activated.

*Lucinda's story

"Long ago, when I was still a little girl, my little brother was born. We took care of him as we would take care of a precious gemstone, but a few years later, when we took the picture, he was cursed by the evil magi of sorcery. She turned him into the dragon of Crelton Mountain. Whoever gets the tail of the dragon, will free my little brother, Carlton, from the curse. The reason why the magi cursed him, is because he was as precious as a gemstone. You see, he was as precious as a garnet, because of his beautiful, short, red hair. The mountain was almost named after him, but the magi made it Crelton anyways. That's who the little boy in the picture is,"

*End of story

"Will we break the curse if we get the tail, but not survive?" Dave asked. "Well, yes and no. If you bring the tail here and you die after you give it, you break the curse. If you got the tooth and you didn't get to bring it here because of the poison that you might get when he scratches you, then no," Lucinda answered. "Ohh," we said. "Thanks for the story Lucinda," I thanked. "Oh, no. From this time forth, you can call me Lucy," Lucinda said. "Oh, okay," we said.

We left Lucy's room and went back to our own rooms to get ready for nighttime.

(How do you like it so far? Is it good enough? Well if it was, please comment and vote.)

(Make sure to read A Dangerous Secret Revealed, Messy Love, and Poor Little Rich Girl. Bye!)💕💕💖