♡~one~♡

tiny's pov

   My stomach growled, telling me, yet again, that I needed to find food. I put my book back in my bag and climbed down from my hiding spot in the tree. I tied a small blue ribbon to one of the branches and began walking.
   I soon came to a road. After quite a bit of marching, I saw an old drug store in the distance. I shouldn't have, but I started to run. When I reached the store, I saw that the doors were open.
   I pulled out my knife and slowly made my way inside. I checked each aisle, making sure there were no crawlers, then began searching for food. I found a granola bar and a can of peaches, and I saw a large bottle of red liquid. It looked and smelled like juice, but the label was scratched out. I put it in my bag anyway. I found another can of peaches, canned green beans, graham crackers, and a bottle of honey, which I took, also.
   Feeling pretty satisfied with what I'd found, I went to the section where the books would be, looking for something interesting to occupy my time. I picked two romance novels, put them in my bag, then turned to leave, but I stopped.
   There was a young boy, maybe sixteen, pointing a shot gun at my head. I put my hands in the air and he said, "Don't move." The boy kept his eyes on me. "Bin. Felix. I've got someone."
   I frowned. "I'm not going to hurt you," I said as two more guys came around the corner. "Tell us your name and show us your weapons," the taller boy said. He had a heavy Australian twang to his voice.
   I raised my knife in the air so they could see it clearly. "I go by Tiny and this is all I have," I said. The third guy, who was also young, came forward and took my knife. "Empty your bag," he said, and I did, showing him the food I'd just gathered, my books, a notepad and pencil, and a few pictures of my family. He examined each item. "Pick it up and come with us," the black-haired boy ordered. I collected my things and followed the three males to a box truck.
   The Australian guy lifted the back latch and opened the large door before climbing in. He held his hand out for me and I took it, getting in the truck. The boy with the shot gun got in, too, hit the side of the truck twice and it started up. The taller boy turned to me. "I'm Felix, that's Inja, and the one driving is Bin. We're taking you back to our community, where you'll have food, shelter, clean clothes, and protection," he said and I nodded.
   "Thanks," I said, and all Felix did was nod before watching the open road behind us. Inja sat next to me. "Don't mess this up, Tiny," he said and I nodded again.