Ch. 55

(A/N: medical professionals say "Gender identity typically develops in stages: Around age two: Children become conscious of the physical differences between boys and girls. Before their third birthday: Most children can easily label themselves as either a boy or a girl. By age four: Most children have a stable sense of their gender identity." In an article published in 2018. And I believe this to be true from experience, so if you don't like the chapters following about Dagwood being a bit more feminine than typically seen in a boy, no need to read! You'll see where this is going, maybe not what you think tho)

Time skip a few weeks

Cheryl's POV

I came home from a day at work at around 8 pm, and saw Toni laying in our bed watching friends while daws, and the twins slept in their room. Sweet Pea was out with fangs and Kevin and Jughead partying, but Toni had a fever and couldn't go. "How are you, my love?" I asked as I bent down to kiss her. "Not great. I have a headache and I think the fever is still there, luckily Pea and Fangs we're home for a bit to watch the kids and they left before you got here when they were asleep" she said and I smiled. Even when she's sick, her top priority is still always the kids, Nana Rose and I. God, I love this girl. I can't wait to marry her soon. "What would make you feel better?" I asked her, hoping she'd ask for cuddles, which I really wanted. "Cuddles..?" She asked shyly, opening her arms. I smiled and dove in (carefully) to the bed to cuddle her, after I got my pajamas on which is just booty shorts and my favorite t shirt of Toni's, except when the guys are home and we hang out in a group I put on longer pants, per T's request. She knows they won't look but she's a bit possessive (in a good way) as am I over her, so I understand. "I love you Cher." She whispered as she began to fall asleep in my arms. "I love you more precious." I said as I kissed her head lovingly.

Time skip a few hours

Toni's POV

I woke up a few hours later comforted and cuddled by my fiancé. God, I love that word. It's so much better than "girlfriend", but I can't wait till it's replaced by wife.  I decided now that I was feeling better I'd make us a nice breakfast to eat together. I made us some fruit smoothie bowls, featuring a lot of cherries and red fruits that she loved. Then, Dagwood and Juniper woke up since they wake up earlier than Dawson does. It's always been their schedule and they like it. "Morning loves, what do you wanna eat for Breakfast?" I asked as I gave them each a kiss on the head. "Cereal please!" They both said in a happy tone. I looked at Dagwood and realized he had on lip gloss. "Dag are you wearing lip gloss?" I asked him gently. He nodded shamefully, which broke my heart. "Yes I'm sorry." "No baby don't be sorry, it looks good. When you're older I'll get you a darker color though I think it'll compliment your look." I said and he giggled. I fed them, then Cheryl and I ate. We let the kids go play in their room as Cher, Nana and I talked. "So what do you think about dag wearing lip gloss?" I asked, just wanting their opinions. "Absolutely nothing. He's just expressing himself." Cheryl said, Nana and I agreed wholeheartedly. Well, that solves that.