Ch. 32

(A/N: me + a relaxing day at the beach = me burned beyond belief :) yikes btw the smiley face is sarcasm if you can't tell hahaha)

No time Skip (resumes right to where the last chapter left off)

Toni's POV

I held Cheryl in my arms as she slept, because it comforted her, and I love to cuddle her. If she wants to sleep in my arms, I prefer that to her not. I love cuddling my girlfriend. I won't ever dislike it. After a bit of time had passed, she began to squirm and whine and cry in my arms. I thought because she was squirming she was hot or uncomfortable and wanted to turn over or be out of my arms, so I moved her over, but then she just cried harder, opened her eyes and grabbed me back, crawling on top of me and nestling her head in my neck, essentially koala hugging me. "Babe, it is just you and me in here okay? Not your mom or dad or anyone who's ever hurt you. Just you and me babygirl." I said to soothe her. She began to sob into my neck. "I'm so terrified." She got out in broken fragments of a sentence. "I s-saw j-Jason get shot again." She said, not being able to say it fully. "I need you." She whispered. The word held a heavier meaning for the both of us, it meant so much more than just her needing me here physically in the moment. She needed me to help her through everything. She so rarely admitted this, so this was a big step not only for Cheryl, but for us as a couple and as a family.