Epilogue

FIVE YEARS LATER
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

Emma

Ethan and I got married at the Manhattan courthouse on a Tuesday in the middle of May.

Grayson, Lexie, Riley and Lisa were our witnesses.

As for my mother, well, she hadn't been around  since I graduated high school. It was fine with me. I had Ethan, I had my sisters, and I had Lisa and Grayson.

Lisa was more of a mother to me than my mom ever was. Honestly.

I ended up getting a masters degree in early childhood psychology, and Ethan got his degree in social work. We run a small mental health facility outside of the city.

As for Grayson, he found a girlfriend, and they've been dating for a year now.

Lexie and Riley also moved to New York when they graduated high school in Seattle. They are both finishing their degrees at New York University. Lexie got engaged to her long time boyfriend Holden.

Grace and Alayna are still together, and they're thinking about getting married too. They stayed in Virginia after high school.

Everyone was happy. Everyone was doing great in their lives.

But most of all, Ethan and I made it. 23 years old and newly married.

We bought a house near the border in New Jersey, but still go to the city all the time. To visit Grayson, or to hang out with Lex and Ri.

Let's just say that my seventh grade self had no idea what was coming next.

She didn't know that the guy she had a major crush on (and her best friend) would be the guy she spent the rest of her life with. I'm so glad it turned out that way. 

THE END