Mistletoe ~~ Spencer Reid

Have I been updating a lot??? Yes. Do I love you all??? Yes.

Summary - Reader brings Spencer to her family's Christmas party, family tradition must continue, which heavily includes a mistletoe of course.

Word Count - 2.4k

------------------------------

Christmas time was a pretty important time of the year for my family. So I guess you could say that Spencer was extremely nervous to go to our dinner, which is on Christmas eve, today.

"What if I totally mess up something babe?"

"What the hell could you mess up Spence? You don't need to get anyone anything, I'm driving, and its unavoidable now. We leave in half an hour, literally." I pointed to our clock and sighed, grabbing his shoulders. "Everything is gonna be fine, they will love you."

"It doesn't help that I've never met them y/n. And I know this is a big part of your family. I don't know, what if I go out on some tangent about the history of Christmas?"

"Then my mom will probably love it." I reassured him. He huffed at me with a deadpan look.

"I'm serious y/n." Spencer's voice whined pathetically.

"I am too. Go get dressed, we don't want to be late." I pushed him lightly to his bedroom, watching as he trudged with strangled groan. He walked out wearing dress pants, a white button down shirt and a Santa tie I bought him.

"You look so cute!" I ran to him, placing my hands on his chest and kissing his neck. This brought a smile to his anxious face. "I'm serious Spence, you have nothing to worry about. They are gonna love you. I've told them so much about you."

"Oh great!" He playfully complained. "Did you tell them I'm a genius." His eyes told me he *really* hoped I hadn't.

"No, it was really all good things, not that you being a genius is a bad thing. I just know you don't use that word lightly."

"Give me one example of what you told them."

*"Tell me about Spencer! I feel like I don't know him at all." My mom complained as I sat at her couch.*
*"You don't know him Mom." I giggled.*
*"But I wanna know a little! I can't wait until Christmas Eve." It wasn't often that my mom begged me for information, she was usually too busy insisting that she knew everything. So I took the opportunity to brag about my wonderful boy.*
*"Fine." She squealed a bit at this, smiling like a child. "He works for the FBI, and he's very good at it. He loves to read, a lot. His favorites are The Collector and War and Peace. He's also like a complete nerd, just like me. He doesn't like to shake hands. He's so dedicated, no matter what he's doing. I've never met someone like him, and I guarantee you haven't either. Oh! And he tends to ramble a lot, it's my favorite thing about him, but a lot of people hate it." I nodded, my mom watching me intently. "That's all you get. You can ask him questions at the party, just don't barrade him, I really like him and I don't want you to chase him away." She looked so offended. "You know damn well you chased Jake away! You asked him such personal questions!"*
*"That's because I hated Jake." She deadpanned.*
*"Great!" I laughed.*
*"Okay. Okay, let me see a picture of him again." I rolled my eyes and turned my phone to her. My lockscreen was a picture of us wearing matching Doctor Who pajamas.*
*"I love him already!"*

"You told her that I ramble!" His eyes squinted at me with an almost invisible smirk.

"It's valuable information!"

"I can't believe you remembered the books I liked." His former stressed demeanor had switched to adoration as he looked at me.

"I listen to you a lot dummy." In the 5 months that we've been dating, I probably have never *not* wanted to listen to him. He was the most fascinating person I've ever met, let alone the most fascinating personal I've ever held a relationship with. Though I hadn't said it yet, I did love him.