Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Regrets

The heavy atmosphere of the meeting didn't subside. As I was in front of the shareholders, the lethal tension doubled my erratic heartbeats.

Si Papa, seryosong nakaharap sa aking presentation at mukhang pinipilit lang ang sarili na ituon ang atensyon sa akin. The unstoppable clenching of his jaw, creased forehead and sharp stares need no more explanation of how he really feels. Just a mere glance, it was enough for me to tell that he's not happy with what's going on.

After he laughed loudly that literally caught everyone's attention, Andro smiled and even went to my father.

I don't know what should I feel at that moment. But I know for sure that I'm not happy as well, not knowing where things were leading to. I was confused and torn. Torn—because it's between my father and Andro, and both of them hold a special place to me. Confused—since Andro knew from the start that my father hated his family, yet, he's here adding fuel to the existing fire.

This is madness.

Anong ginagawa niya?

I saw the reaction of my father when Andro greeted the other shareholders beside him. Sila iyong mga kausap ni Papa kanina.

Nasagot ang katanungan ng ilan kung bakit siya narito nang magsalita ang kasama ni Andro. Both of them looked dashing with their corporate attires and somehow, I'm getting used to it.

"Mr. Hortellano holds the second highest shares in the company," Julian said before we started the meeting. Hindi ko siya kanina napansin dahil sa kaba.

What I heard earlier about Mr. Zamora's shares was true and it was Andro who bought it in higher par.

After the meeting ended, awkward pa rin para sa akin ang pangyayari. Ang iba ay nakabawi na at nakita ko pang nakikipaghalubilo sina Mrs. Macy kina Andro.

Sa tuwing nadadako ang mga mata ko sa kanya ay mabilis ko itong binabawi dahil lagi niya akong nahuhuling nakatingin sa kanya. He will just smile at mukhang natutuwa pa sa nangyayari.

I'm fuming mad.

So after the meeting, instead of heading home, I went to the bar. Sobrang aga ko pa dahil alas sais pa lang. Nakita ko kung paano nabaling ang tingin ng bartender sa akin at dalawang beses pa akong tiningnan na para bang hindi makapaniwala.

I ordered martini and immediately emptied the glass as soon as I received it. I am one of the first ten customers they have. Wala akong pakialam kung sobrang aga ko. I don't care. I really need to forget and just get lost for a moment. I want to drown myself from this confusion and raging anger.

I don't know if it was the right choice to welcome Andro in my life. I know from the very start that my father would despise the idea of me—getting closer to the ultimate rival of his life.

I mean, I only know the surface of his dramatic hate to that family so I'm not in the right place to say that my father is just too shallow for holding such petty grudges against them.

Ang alam ko lang ay madaling magalit si Papa. Pero alam kong hindi naman nagtatagal ang galit niya. Not like his hate in this certain family that he will probably carry until his second life.

Ilang baso na ng alcohol ang nauubos ko pero mukhang walang talab sa akin 'yon. I suddenly remember Bianca. For sure she will doze off after a sip of martini. That girl. I'm even planning for our second night out but it looks like she's crushing my plans already.

Pinagmamasdan ko ang unti-unting pagkabuhay ng bar. From the lonely and isolated atmosphere earlier, now it's getting wild and heated. Pagpatak ng alas otso ng gabi ay nagsimula nang dumami ang mga tao.