Chapter 19

Author's Note: Hey guys just letting you know the end is near :(. Hope you guys enjoy reading this. I really do. so yeah here's the new chapter.

Enjoy

Kat :D 

______________________________________________________________________ 

CHAPTER 19

     Everyone is stressed; exams start tomorrow. They pulled all nighters, studying to ace the exams, drinking coffee just to stay awake in class, and making sure they had everything prepared.

"Aye, ready for exams tomorrow?" Wes asked, opening his locker.

"I don't know man, it's like I know everything, but then I'm going to forget last miniute," Caleb replied.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. You think Cathleen's ready?" Wes asked again.

"More than anything. Knowing her, she's probably got everything down," Caleb replied.

"Where is she anyways?" Wes questioned.

"Probably in the library, so I'll see you later'" Caleb said.

     Caleb closed his locker and headed for the library. As soon as he entered the quiet room, he saw Cathleen sitting at a study desk. He smiled and walked towards her. He planted a kiss on the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her. She turned around with tears in her eyes. He started to worry.

"Hey, hey. Why are you crying, baby girl?" he whispered to her.

"What if I don't pass the exams. Caleb, if I don't, I'll disappoint my mom. Oh Caleb, I can't do that. I promised her," she rushed.

"Woah, slow down. You're going to do fine. I know you, you're probably one of the smartest people I know. And I'm sure your mom would still be proud of you for trying," he said softly.

     Caleb knelt down and wiped away her tears with the pad of his thumb.

"Hey, come on now, let me see that pretty smile of yours," he said.

     Cathleen sniffled and rubbed her eyes. She looked Caleb in the eyes and gave him a small smile. She turned round to collect her things and stood up.

"Let's get to class," she said. 

_______________________________________________________________________

     Later that afternoon, Cathleen and Caleb agreed to study together after school. The two were laying on the floor of Caleb's bedroom, with books and notes sprawled everywhere.

"Do you want to take a break? We've been studying for 2 hours straight," Caleb suggested.

"Umm, I suppose," Cathleen replied, as she rolled onto her back and stretched her arms.

     Caleb smiled. Cathleen had her eyes closed with a hand resting on her forehead. He quietly rolled to her side and hovered above her. Knowing that she was his, made him feel ecstatic. Never had he known that loving someone so much felt so good. He slowly lowered his face feeling her soft tender lips touch his. Cathleen opened one eye and grinned.

"Mmm, that's nice," she whispered.

     She placed her hands on his cheeks and they both deepened the kiss. A smile was plastered on both their faces as soon as they seperated. They were about to share one more kiss, until they heard a soft, faded cry and both stood up.

"I'll get her, Cathleen whispered, and pecked his lips once more before she went across the hall to the nursery.

     Caleb decided to follow. He saw her pick up the small delicate baby, and held her safe in her arms. She slowly rocked her back and forth, making the loud cries disappear. The teenage boy stood at the doorway, unseen with a coy smile on his face. Nothing, but the thought of Cathleen as the mother of his child flashed before his eyes. He crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her torso. She smiled and leaned into his muscular chest. The two stood there all huddled up, until Sophie fell into a deep slumber.

"You want something to eat?" Caleb whispered, as they quietly made their way out of the nursery.

"I'm not that hungry, but I guess a little snack will do," she answered.

     Caleb went downstairs to get a snack, while Cathleen waited in his room. She looked around the room. Pictures of them and his family were everywhere. Something caugfht her eye, that sat on his bedside table. She motioned towards it and picked up the piece of paper. She couldn't help but laugh at it's cuteness. On the piece of paper, there was writing. It looked like it had been written by a five year old, and then remembered that they made promises to each other when they were going into kindergarden. She smiled and tried reading the letter. It said:

Cathleen, I promise me and you will be bestfriends forever. One day when we get older we will live in a castle like Cinderella and I will marry you. We are going to have a dog  name Spot and we will love him. You will be my princess and I will be your prince and we will play all the time and have lots of toys and we will live happily ever after just like the  princess movies you like. I promise.

     She sat on his bed smiling, reading the letter over and over again. Caleb walked into his room with some orange juice and some pudding, finding Cathleen on his bed with a big smile on her face. He realized what Cathleen was holding, and placed the snack down onto his desk. A smile tugged at the coner of his mouth and sat at the foot of his bed looking at her.

"I meant it, and I plan on keeping that promise," he said sternly.

Cathleen turned her head and giggled.

"You want to live in a castle?" Cathleen smirked.

Caleb chuckled and sat beside her. they held each others hand and looked at one another.

"Okay, other than living in a castle, but really I mean it," he said with a more serious tone.

"I know you do," she whispered, and slowly leaned towards him to give him a soft kiss on is lips.

     The two continued studying until they were fed up reading their notes repeatedly. It was getting dark and Cathleen had to go home.

"It's time for me to go now, babe," she said.

     Caleb groaned and stood up. He suddenly remembered he wanted to give her something.

"Hold on, let me get something." Caleb quickly ran into his closet and pulled out a box. He opened it and grabbed the object, which he held tightly in his hand. Caleb walked back to Cathleen.

"Hold out your hand," Caled demanded.

"Okay..." Cathleen queried, and held out her hand.

     Caleb dropped the object in her hand and smiled down at her. Cathleen looked into her hand and gasped.

"Oh my gosh! You still have this?" she exclaimed.

"Of course, it's special."

     Cathleen wrapped the braclet around her small wrist. It was a friendship braclet that they made in the fifth grade. She remembered wearing it everyday, but then lost it. She never knew where it ended up.

"Thank you," she said.

"For what?" Caleb asked.

"Everything," she said simply.

"If anything I should be thanking you,"

     They walked downstairs and stood outside. Cathleen kissed his cheek and they both said their good nights. Caleb watched as she walked down the street. Once she was out of sight, he shut the door behind him and sighed.

"One day," Caleb whispered looking down at his left ring finger.