Chapter 9

Author's Note: haii again :3

Kat :D

__________________________________________

CHAPTER 9

     Cathleen got home all confused. That question had been taunting her all day. She entered her bedroom, and took a deep breath before falling onto her bed. Her eyes tightly shut, as she ran her hands through her hair. She got back up and walked into her bathroom turning on the faucet. Cathleen splashed cold water onto her face and looked into the mirror. As soon as she relaxed, she turned off the tap. Why was she thinking this now? He hated her. Well that's what she thinks. A knock came from her door, which disturbed her thoughts. She quickly snapped out of it and slowly opened the door.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Can you make food? we're hungry," Ej asked.

"Uh, ok I'll be down in a sec" she replied.

     After a minute, there was the two twins and their big sister, sitting at the kitchen table, deciding what to eat. They rummaged through the cupboards, but still couldn't decide what to eat. Finally, Cathleen got fed up and looked at the twins.

"What do you guys want to eat?" she asked.

"Hmmm, what about grilled cheese?" Ej questioned.

"NO!...I mean, uh no" Daniel stated.

"Well why not?" Ej asked.

"I don't like grilled cheese anymore, I don't want the same thing happening again" Daniel replied, looking at Cathleen's arm.

     Cathleen smiled at how Daniel was so worried when the incident occured. They all ended up eating mac and cheese. In the middle of eating, the sound of the doorbell rang through the house. Cathleen got up from her seat and walked to the front door. She opened it; her eyes growing wide, looking at the person standing right in front of her.

"Uh...hi" the person said shyly.

"Umm..." Cathleen was speechless. One part of her was scared, but the other part of her was happy. She hadn't expected a visit from him. Actually, she hadn't expected one for a year. She was surprised that he would actually come and visit her. Both pair of eyes were glued onto each other, and both were speechless.

"Umm...how are you doing?" he asked.

"..." Cathleen, still speechless.

"Uh, sorry I shouldn't of come here, gosh I'm such an idiot" with that, he turned around and walked away.

"Wait, Caleb!" Cathleen called, causing him to turn around.

"Yeah?" Caleb smiled.

"C-come inside" Cathleen said.

     Caleb nodded and once again, walked back to the house. Once the pair was inside, they walked into the kitchen to find the twin boys flicking pieces of maccaroni at each other. Caleb and Cathleen stepped forward as the boys turned their heads. As soon as they saw Caleb, their mouths flew open with small pieces of pasta falling out of their mouths.

"Woah..." the twins mumbled.

"Uh, hi guys" Caleb said nervously.

"Oh yeah! I just remembered, Daniel and I have something to do" Ej quickly replied, and with that, the two disappeared.

"Sorry about that, umm, do you want something to drink?" Cathleen asked in a small voice.

"No, I'm fine" Caleb replied.

     An awkward silence filled the air. The two looked around the room, barely having the guts to look or say anything to eachother. After the long pause, Cathleen decided to break the silence.

"So...umm what brings you here?" she said, still not making eye contact.

"Uh, I just wanted to talk to you"

     This caught Cathleen's attention. What did he want to talk to her about? Hope stuck with her. Maybe he wanted to be friends.One side of her was happy, the other was nervous. What if he wanted to talk to her about Nadine? He could possibly lash out again. She started to bite her bottom lip, a habbit of hers when she was nervous. But why all of a sudden? Better to start now then never.

"Umm... what about?" Cathleen asked carefully.

"It's just... I don't know, I've been thinking so much lately. Thinking about how we used to be. I miss my best friend. It's almost 2 years and I don-" Caleb got interrupted by the small voice.

"I'm sorry" she quietly said, finally lifting her head to look at him.

"What?" Caleb asked.

"I was stupid, I didn't think, I knew you hated what happened. I deserved to be put in the dark. I'm sorry. They kept asking me, they kept pissing me off, so I told them just for them to get off my back. I didn't know it would spread so fast. I'm sorry," she apologized.

"Look, right now, it doesn't matter, and it's not going to matter 10 years from now, whoever you told. I know it's been a year and a half and that we haven't talked, and you're probably wondering why talk to you all of a sudden. This whole time, I've been thinking about you. I don't want you out of my life. I really want my best friend back, and that can't happen without your help. I've gotten over the situation. Now, I just need to make sure you're happy, safe, and okay again. I never want anything bad to happen to you. You're like my little sister that I plan on protecting my whole life, like I plan on protecting Sophie. I promise, and I mean promise, that nothing bad is going to happen to you, I promise that I will always be here when you need me, and I promise I will never hurt you again. Please think about it, I can't stand being away from my best friend any longer." Caleb looked at her, pleading with his eyes.

     Happiness bubbled inside of Cathleen. She wasn't dreaming, this was real. There wasn't anything to describe how she felt. It's like a big burden lifted from her shoulders. Everything was going to go back to normal. Everyday she prayed and wished that he'd come back to her. It all came true.

"I don't need to think about it. Yes. I want to become friends again. I missed my best friend too, I missed you." Cathleen replied.

"I missed you too." Caleb said softly. With that the two embraced each other in a warm, welcoming hug.