-prologue-

"i swear to god (y/n) if you pop another goddamn balloon while im holding a knife, im going to stab you."

"it'll be a plus. now explain to me what the plan is now that we've moved to this shit hole?"

your brother sighed, placing down the kitchen knife onto the cutting board and ignoring the half-sliced carrots that lay idle. it's been a week since you and your older brother seth have moved to morioh, and you were already bored out of your mind. you already had groceries, put away everything in your suitcases, and even went shopping for clothes. there was nothing to do at this point, that's if you ignore the fact you havent enrolled into school yet.

"we moved here to escape mom and david. there is no plan, we're just making this up as we go along and tryin' to stay safe."

you lowered your head a bit as you remembered the circumstances that led you to this. 

wanting to escape that life, seth had packed a few suitcases of both your stuff and his, telling you that you both were moving without any warning. he didnt let you protest, practically dragging you to the airport and bringing you to a completely different part of the country, to a small town named morioh. 

you werent complaining, in fact, you were actually thankful seth took you with him. who knows what wouldve happened to you if you stayed with your parents. 

noticing your upset expression, seth placed a hand on top of your shoulder and kissed your forehead in reassurance, "i promise its gonna be ok. even without dad to watch over us, we still have each other. ill try to make sure we live the most normal life we can, even if we arent normal ourselves."

you looked up at him, "ok, that sounds nice.."

he nodded, walking over to the counter and resuming cutting the carrots. "im glad it does... say, do you want to go grab some ice cream and look around town?"

"hell yeah!" you cheered.

"watch your language."

you pouted, putting on a fake british accent. "oh yes my good sir, i am quite excited for this frozen treat you commoners enjoy. perhaps i could have a spot of tea with it to please my palette."

"shut the fuck up." seth groaned, slightly snickering.

you gasped dramatically, beginning to mock your brother. "watch your language!"

seth sighed, putting the sliced carrots into a storage container and tossing them into the fridge. he snatched his wallet off of the counter and shoved it into his pocket before walking off to the front door. "if it take you out right now, will you let me cook dinner in peace?"

you batted your eyelashes innocently, putting your hands behind your back, "there's a possibility to that."

"alright then, lets go."

are you guys excited for this book? i know i am!

i have a lot more motivation to write this book than my last one, so let the chapters begin!

also, on a different note, your last name is Roma. i know i usually just make it l/n, but in order to make it match seths last name and convince other people that you're family (because you two look nothing alike) , you had it changed.

go drink some water or ill make you snort your dads ashes with a metal straw skskskskskskk and i oop- save the turtles- (i am so fucking sorry)

stay safe, love yourself, and goodnight!

~trash author

(future author note: what the FUCK was i thinking when i wrote this. this whole thing will be edited soon)