War

A few weeks later, I decided I was ready having everything set up. I walked out on my balcony feeling the wind brush past my face. Soon, I went in to make all weapons and traps were loaded and ready to go. I paced back and forth waiting for the skies to turn  pitch black. I made sure to get everything perfectly aligned as a smile from ear to ear crept onto my face. I took my weapons down to the car as kitty followed. We both had on our warpaint, after loading the trunk I gave her a long kiss. He warm soft lips pressed against mine for what felt like an eternity came to a hault. I found an arrow through the wall to the left of my head holding a note, it held an address to the old ship yard outside Gotham. We quickly got in the car as I laughed eerily white an acid feeling under my skin. The engine was a lion and the wheels became a banshee as we sped off into night. The howling wind screeched as I speed through the poorly lit streets filled with the sound of our laughter. No words could describe what I was feeling, nor what I wanted to do. Finally, we drifted into the docks and waited with guns in hands. I heard feint footsteps any normal person wouldn't be able to hear, almost thought it wasn't batsy. Suddenly, someone emerged from the shadows,"Identity yourself", I said furiously,"I'm a messenger." It was an abrupt silence." Yes boss I'm bringing them now", he said talking into his earpiece. The man was dressed like a ninja well camouflaged to the shadows, but not the man we were after. We followed him inside the building by the freights soon to see the master mind himself. I smiled at the sight of the man I now face,"Well hello Jason", he turned with his red mask on,"Well well as expected you know of me from your old man", he responded in a cocky tone. Of course I would know about him, he mainly tried to take my dad out plus he's the only one who can go untraced, unlike the rest of them. He walked up to me and I asked,"Still feeling that crowbar across your face", he balled his fist up then released along with a deep breath. Then, within a split second his fist flew at me cutting through the wind and to his surprise I caught it. He started laughing," Nice reflexes kid let's put them to the test", I took off my shirt and prepared myself. His henchmen surrounded us in a circle I told kitty to stay back and watch. We bowed to each other and took our stances. We began circling each other waiting patiently for our opening to strike and make a killing blow. My heartbeat steady, hearing sharpened, and eyes darkened as we came to a stop. I moved first only to be struck by a left roundhouse. I started throwing a mixture of punches and kicks as we began trading blows and countering each other like yin and yang. Sadly, I began to lose and I found myself hitting the ground with a busted lip and a bleeding nose. He grabbed my girl and I saw him get ready to snap her neck, but everything froze and left me the only one in motion. I heard a voice speak in a very low tone," What does she mean to you", "Everything","Then fight like it." My body became engulfed in purple and green flames as I ran and slammed his head through the ground not realizing I became faster. He got up and fought back, but his hits became gradually slower. I could see all of his moves as he soon grew frustrated. I knocked him on his ass and became more vicious as my fist shattered his mask. I looked at his bloody face still holding the large "J" on the left side. Something was odd, he was smiling as he lifted a detonator from him belt. I quickly grabbed kitty and fought through the assassins making it out by a hair. We sped home as quickly as possible successful in the journey. Even though I wanted to believe it was mission accomplished I knew this wasn't the end. To be continued...