14.

~percy~

My heart pounded loudly in my chest. Everyone was staring at me ... and at my little brother.

I didn't know how to feel. In my, as Annabeth would call it, seaweed brain, A thousand thoughts were shooting from one place to the other. Did I feel Happy? I guess that I was feeling something but I wouldn't call it happy.

A little brother... I had always wanted a brother or sister. Everyone around me at camp had a ton of siblings. But poseidon wasn't supposed to have children. They'd be too powerful. They'd be a danger to others and themselves. I accepted the fact that I would never have siblings cause they weren't supposed to exist. Me, I was nothing more than an accident.

Than I realized something. A brick of guilt fell into my stomach. I forgot that I already had a brother. I totally forgot about Tyson. How could I forget? I promised myself that as soon as I saw him I would take him sailing or something. To make me feel less guilty about forgetting him.

Sebastian looked at the glowing trident above his head. Then he looked at me.

"You are my big brother?" He asked in disbelieve. "But you're so... cool".

I didn't move. I couldn't. I could only look at him. And you know, I can't deny it. I did feel happy at the thought of a little brother. But also protective. It was something that immediately clicked into my brain the moment he looked at me, his face glowing with admiration.

He was my responsibility now. He lost his mother. I didn't think he had any family left to go to, otherwise he would be there. He needed protection. With the amount of power he had... he would be dead within a week if he was alone on the streets all the time.

"He needs to go to camp halfblood" I said firmly, my eyes still in contact with Sebastian's. It was like looking in a mirror. A mirror that took me back to the past.

"I agree" Annabeth said. "But he is powerful. Monsters will catch him, he can't go alone".

"No he can't go alone, he needs protection" I said quickly and I stepped towards Sebastian. He seemed smaller than before. More vulnerable.

Everybody nodded in agreement.

"But who's going with him?" Frank's deep voice asked.

Before I could answer 'me' Annabeth, who was keeping an eye on me said: "no Percy you can't go. We need you on this quest."

I looked at her. Maybe with an expression on my face that she didn't deserve. An irritated expression. But She was right. The prophecy said that the seven needed to go with Ava. And I was a part of them.

"I can take care of myself" Sebastian said. "Really, I'm strong and I can fight with my knife and I can do things with water. I can kill monsters." He looked around the room.

"Oh Sebastian, of course you can, we wouldn't doubt it but, now you know the truth about gods and monsters... there'll be more that'll attack you. More than you can kill." Piper said friendly to him.

Her voice sounded so calming that the urge to leave with my new found brother drifted away a little.

"We can ask if Reyna could come," hazel suggested.

"Yeah that's a good idea" I said. I trusted Reyna to do something like this. I think I trusted her more than I trusted myself. She was more then capable to fight monsters off.

"I agree" Annabeth said. "Can you message her, hazel?"

Hazel nodded. "I'll do it right now" she walked towards the door of the mess hall.