regular school day

(that's a picture of Sam)

(Sam's outfit)

Sam and Charlie were running down the cold, London streets, hand in hand, away from some horrid bullies on their class. This happened pretty often and Sam and Charlie were a lot smarter than the bullies so they were able to lose them by quickly Turing into a dark alleyway.

They watched as the bullies sped past, not seeing them and let out sighs of relief. They sat down and trying to catch their breath. Sam looked up at her best friend and gave him a small smile to which he smiled back.

"So, how were your lessons today Charlie?"

"They were good, I'm getting a lot better at my maths and English"

"That's great, I've got loads of homework from my teachers today, do you have any?"

"Yeah, why don't we go back to my house and do it together then we can help each other through it"

"Good idea, let's go"

Charlie stood up and offered his hand out to his friend, she took it and he easily helped the small girl up. They checked to see if the bullies were near by and when they found that the coast was clear they walked back to Charlie's house.

The two children walked inside the small, worn down house and greeted all the adults while taking off and hanging up their coats.

"Good afternoon everyone"

"Good afternoon children, would you like to stay for dinner Sam?"

"I would love to Mrs Bucket, of it's not too much trouble"

"Oh not at all darling, your always welcome here"

"Thank you"

The kids took a seat at the table and got their homework out of their bags and started answering the questions. After a couple of minutes Sam dropped her pencil, remembering something that she had in her bag.

"Oh, hold on a minute, I have brought something for you all"

Everyone turned to Sam in confusion but that soon changes to surprise and happiness as she reached out her bag and pulled packets of chicken, carrots and potatoes form her bag  bringing them over to where Mrs Bucket was chopping up cabbage.

"I got some pocket money for helping my dad out around the factory so I decided to buy some different food for you guys to put on the soup"

They all looked shocked. Mrs Bucket's eyes were starting to swell up with tears.

"Oh Sam you didn't have to spend you money on us, that was so kind of you, thank you so much"

She bent down and tightly hugged the little girl who happily hugged back. She smiled at and then began unwrapping the food, putting it into the cabbage soup.